Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Not Me

Seabass

Seabass

Feb 19, 2011
So since my before and after pics aregoing the wrong direction, and at the encouragment of friends, I am posting pics of my ol' lady.

The solo pic was a year ago at 206#.
The before/after pics were 6 months ago at 196# and 3 months ago at 155#. There have been slight changes since, but nothing as dramatic as the 6 to 3 month pics show. She currently stands at 153#, with slightly less fat and slightly more lean mass.

She has worked very hard, had a few epiphenies along the way, and really tightened up her diet. She does P90X and loves it, but she has had to add additional weight training because she puts on muscle and strength really fast (color me jealous).

Attachments

• BGbandacropped.jpg
    BGbandacropped.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 125
  • BGcropped.jpg
    BGcropped.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 95
MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I'm supposed to tell yo baby-mama that my baby-mama says, "Wow!" Damn good progress......keep it up!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
That's a great job right there

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Nice work by your lady, seabass. Is she interested in coming here for advice and such?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Great job to her Sea. I am proud of her I know this has been a bit of a battle for her.

Seabass

Seabass

Feb 19, 2011
Thanks all.

MW, nah she isn't interested in forums and such. She is too busy to sit at the PC for long.

She was always fit until her thyroid went south and she plumped up. It was hard for her. But after about a year of battling the doc and finding the right dose she finally stablized. It's still super hard for her to drop weight and keep it off, but having worked so hard for it she is bound and determined to keep it off. She isn't taking anything to help her drop weight, no drugs, so supps, just food and work. She keeps some protein bars and shots handy for post workout, and of course we have whey powder that we use, but that's it.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
Its tough for woman to lose weight especially with health issues, Gotta give her much credit.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Thanks all.

MW, nah she isn't interested in forums and such. She is too busy to sit at the PC for long.

She was always fit until her thyroid went south and she plumped up. It was hard for her. But after about a year of battling the doc and finding the right dose she finally stablized. It's still super hard for her to drop weight and keep it off, but having worked so hard for it she is bound and determined to keep it off. She isn't taking anything to help her drop weight, no drugs, so supps, just food and work. She keeps some protein bars and shots handy for post workout, and of course we have whey powder that we use, but that's it.

First off, great job. second, my wife is in same boat at almost same weight, she was about 105 until her thyroid went all wacky. Just got her thyroid meds changed again and she dropped 8 pounds last week. My wife doesnt want to take anything either aside from fish and EPO oil. Any tips from your wife to mine on how to shed the weight? she does circuit training 3X a week and cardio 5-6X a week currently.

Again awesome work.

Seabass

Seabass

Feb 19, 2011
It's no secret around here that diet is 80% of it. BG (my wife) has always had a sweet tooth, and so rewarded herself at the end of the day, a day of eating lean and healthy, with something sweet, like ice cream, carrot cake, candy, whatever. I would tell her that she was ruining a whole day of eating well by doing that, especially at night, and she always blew it off.

Then she started using FitDay.com to log her eating. But she wouldn't count everything, not every little bite she took off of the kids' lunch plate, candy and night, whatever. Then one day she had a carrot cake reward and logged it that night. 900 calories and 50g fat. That was half her cals for the day. That was when she realized I was right, at least that one time, ha.

So she tightened up her eating and it made all the difference in the world.

She also gets bored with training. She tended to do the same things all the time, things she liked and was comfortable with. I would tell her, you are where you are because you do what you do. If you want to be somewhere else, do something different. Of course, she never did. Then our good friend SJA was talking to me about his training and how in some ways it is similar to P90X. Well, I had heard of it before and heard good reviews, of course. So I mentioned it to BG and it sounded like something she was interested in. FYI the basis behind P90X is muscle confusion, which really just means doing a lot of different things, in a pattern 3 weeks at a time, a week deloading, then changing the pattern for another 3 weeks, deloading, then 2 weeks/2 weeks. It is also all about explosive movements, body weight exercises mostly, and jumping, with some dumbbells and a lot of pullups. It works. It is now her go to routine and she never gets bored.

So I guess if there were any "secrets" about her weight loss it is:

- be consistent and disciplined with your diet. Logging your daily intake helps some folks.
- use a variety of complimentary exercises. The routine should be comprehensive with a focus, or purpose.
- don't do the same routine more than once in a week. Even if you hit back twice a week, do a differnt routine each day. This goes for cardio too.
- change every routine/rotation after 3-4 weeks, even the cardio. It should be a significant change, not a tweak.
- deload for a week between rotations. That doesn't mean take off, it means do yoga, stretching, and maybe aerobics.
- work hard.

Best of luck.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Excellent progress! She should be extremely proud of herself!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic