Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Northern California Earthquake

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Apparently pretty bad. News coming out is spotty. From a friend in Eureka. I'm having to tell her what is going on. She has no gas or electric. Lucky she has the RV that is well stocked and has propane. Had to take a shower right after it happened as with no gas the water heater will not stay warm.

All of Humboldt is dark. My son in law works for pg@e and said lots of downed lines. Transmitters are down. Even underground power is off. It was long and strong..
Knocked over a tall chest of drawers with a TV on it. Even the stuff in my toy hauler is tossed.
I have a wood stove and a gas stove and a generator in my rv so I will be fine.
I took a shower soon as it settled down and I got stuff picked up.
I can't see the news.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Eureka was the epicenter from what I read ... 6.4 Richter.

Glad you are (relatively) ok.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Glad you are (relatively) ok.
I'm fine, as I am in So Cal. That was from a friend in the Eureka area. No internet or cable TV up there, either. She can text me on her cell phone, but no calls or internet. Texts with no pictures only. I'm having to feed her info via texts about what's going on.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Just talked to her. Cell talk service back up. Gas back. Water OK. No electricity, no internet, no cable. Because of no power, no gas stations open. The stores that were open have all been cleaned out because everyone is hoarding. All this happening in a pretty sparsely populated area. When the big one hits LA or SF....I'll be locked and loaded.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
Last night I was watching Unsolved Mysteries on an episode in the 1976 Chico/Red Bluff murder. There are some weird ass people in northern california.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Damn, just seen this. I have some cousins who live up around there. Just sent a message asking if they are okay.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I just saw this too, damage looks bad, but at least it looks like people are okay. I haven’t been to Eureka yet, but I know it’s rural up that way. Hopefully this earthquake isn’t the tremors of the big one.

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022
eq detect.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic