Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Normalisation of 'plus-size' risks hidden danger of obesity, study finds

1980Simon

Jun 14, 2013
The number of obese people that get offended by everything is insane. As a fat guy currently losing weight I've noticed that most obese people I know don't actually feel any problems with being obese and see it as completely normal.

I've had obese co-workers throw a fit at me because I'm losing weight, I've had very obese people tell me that it's just the way their bodies are and that no amount of dieting or exercise can make them lose weight. Any attempt to have a conversation about losing weight is met with hostility and any attempt to explain how I've been losing weight is met with sarcastic remarks because they can't see that I'm doing this for my own health.

Meanwhile, I've been dieting, fasting and doing exercise for 2 months so that I can lose some weight. Already lost 35 pounds and I'm now in the "overweight" BMI area, so now I'm noticing the real issue with the "fat acceptance" community where they prefer to cover their ears and pretend that nothing is wrong.

It's a struggle to lose weight, and each pound is an achievement. It takes a lot of will to do this, but it's fucking worth it and I feel better than I ever had in the past.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic