Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Non Stimulant fatburners

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Does anyone know of anything that works? I have high blood pressure, so i want to stay away from stims. I currently take green tea. Was thinking about adding yohimbine HCL. anything else out there work?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Most fat burners cause an increase in blood pressure so I am uncertain what you could take safely.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
NO yohimbe, it messes with your blood pressure. 7 Keto DHEA is good for cortisol related fat build up. Fucoxanthine is another that has showed promise in rodent studies. It's a brown seaweed extract that has been shown to actually kill fat cells by uncoupling the mitochondria in studies.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I have elevated blood pressure, also, and I take 4-g/d hawthorn berry to curb it. I just finished a couple cycles of DNP and it didn't affect my BP. In fact, it almost feels that DNP is a depressant LOL. I just wanted to lay around and sleep.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I have elevated blood pressure, also, and I take 4-g/d hawthorn berry to curb it. I just finished a couple cycles of DNP and it didn't affect my BP. In fact, it almost feels that DNP is a depressant LOL. I just wanted to lay around and sleep.

With the help of a friend i should have some DNP soon. i figure two 9 day runs and i should be done dieting :D

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
With the help of a friend i should have some DNP soon. i figure two 9 day runs and i should be done dieting :D

goldy, while most people run higher dose (400-600mg/day) DNP cycles for 9-14 days, I'm a proponent of low dose, longer DNP cycles. I typically run 250mg/day (crystal) for 30 days. Much less sides, and it doesn't kill my workouts. Just throwing that out there as an option.

Also, DNP doesn't affect my BP either.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I am going to try 200 for 4-5 days and asses if i think i can go to 400. i will not go above 400.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Low dose DNP will help you out. I like the 200 - 300 range where you can still function and still lift and not feel like total crap

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
What can one expect on just 200? everything i have read was based on dosages of 400 and higher with bad sides. you think if i am only at 200 i can stick with a pure keto diet like i am on now? maybe just some pineapple or blueberries once a day?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
200 isn't that bad imo, are you taking crystal or powder? You will notice getting hotter quicker and the heat when you eat, more carbs the more heat but nothing that bad. I don't think I started getting really bad till like 500mg. Some people have a higher tolerance for it, I don't for some reason.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'd guess that if you were to lose 5 pounds in 30 days on the straight keto diet, that with the DNP you could lose another 3-4 pounds on top of it. The sides on low dose are pretty mild, particularly in Feb/March. I wouldn't want to run a low dose in July. The many threads will list supplements the length of your arm while on DNP. I don't think that's necessary. What is important is proper hydration. Drink 50-100% more water each day than you normally would.

On DNP you'll be flat, so combined with a keto diet where you have your glycogen levels depleted, don't expect any pumps in the gym. It messes with your head at first, but you'll get used to it, and know why it's happening.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I agree about the long list of supps, not sure what they are all needed for.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic