Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Nolvadex vs. Clomid for PCT

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I have used both over the years and never had a positive experience with Nolvadex for PCT.
Strange that some have had or claim to have had positive experience with it at all.
Check these links out bro's.

IGF stuff about Tamoxifen

Effect of tamoxifen on lipoprotein(a) and insul... [Eur J Cancer. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI

Randomized double-blind 2 x 2 trial of low-dose... [J Clin Oncol. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Tamoxifen impairs both longitudinal and cor... [J Bone Miner Res. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of tamoxifen on GH and IGF-I lev... [J Endocrinol Invest. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI

The Nolva is KILLING IGF levels off completely time and again.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
all the years i've seen reviews posted on PCT and in my own experience recovery was slower and T levels always came back without clomid added.

I respect TheCat but I think even he has changed his mind on this lately to.

there how ever is a new drug coming out shortly to replace clomid ,

SHINE, What does your typical PCT look like? I like to use both and some HCG at the beginning, Im always interested in what works well for others and why.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
SHINE, What does your typical PCT look like? I like to use both and some HCG at the beginning, Im always interested in what works well for others and why.

Since ive been running HCG I have gone with 100iu's ed and that seems to keep my boys working fine.And thats at almost 50.Many guys I know use this same protocol with much success as well.Some older than me.

I start within the first week of my cycle and end it 1 week after my last injection.Never had a problem.I've also used this in the past after running SHIC cycles and have gotten the same results.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
all the years i've seen reviews posted on PCT and in my own experience recovery was slower and T levels always came back without clomid added.

Can you expand on the new drug bro?

mscldrew

mscldrew

Sep 11, 2010
I actually prefer to use both nolv and clomid in my PCT.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011

Is it Naltrexone? I've been seeing this popping up on other forums with some big claims,saying it's like like you were never on cycle. Don't know about it myself, seems it is also used for rec -rehab. For BB's it's recommended in low doses on and in pct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naltrexone

Last edited:
narcissus79

narcissus79

Oct 17, 2012
i had never thought to use proviron as pct... I was given some by my "vendor" as a bonus for a big order (a bladder of test prop), and he said it was great to use during a cycle to prevent gyno, or to help harden up during a dieting cycle.

It was good to read that it is usable for the same as arimidex. At least now I have another trick in the bag.

Previously I have only ever used Hcg and nolva for pct and suffered no really bad drops, though I use minimal amounts (250mg a week of test, 200mg of deca or equipoise per week), so that may be the reason.

Thanks for the posts guys.

Jimmyinkedup

Jimmyinkedup

Aug 22, 2012
Up until just under 5 months ago - when I stared cruising ,my pct consisted of clomid and nolva. It wasnt always that way , the first pct I ever did was clomid only , and it worked. In fact to this day if I had to pick one or the other (which i dont) id pick clomid. Its just simply got more hard data supporting it (guay et al). Anyway I def recovered better using both. I should add when i started cruising , at 43 yrs old , with 17 yrs of cycling , my t levels were in the high 600's. So the pct clmid/nolva was working for me. I also became a big user of hcg on my cycle at a low dose 250ius -2x/week right up to pct.
This is really close to what Dr Scally now recommends. He says hcg right up to the point where serm therapy starts. He also states and explains why both together are most likely more effective than either alone. Here is an excerpt for Dr Scally interview:
"Clomiphene is an antiestrogen, which decreases the estrogen effect in the body. It has a dual effect by stimulating the hypothalamic pituitary area and it has an antiestrogenic effect, so that it decreases the effect of estrogen in the body. Tamoxifen is more of a strict antiestrogen, it decreases the effect of estrogen in the body, and potentiates the action of clomiphene. Tamoxifen and clomiphene citrate compete with estrogen for estrogen receptor bind*ing sites, thus eliminating excess estrogen circulation at the level of the hypothalamus and pituitary, allowing gonadotropin production to resume. Administering them together produces an elevation of LH and secondar*ily gonadal sex hormones. " Dr Michael Scally

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I personally don't like either. Nolv makes me feel like crap and clomid makes me crazy. I'm really interested in the new pct. I've seen a study by Italians that a compound that is\was used for castration is supposed to be the new sliced bread in pct.
Shine , any more info?

Jimmyinkedup

Jimmyinkedup

Aug 22, 2012
I personally don't like either. Nolv makes me feel like crap and clomid makes me crazy. I'm really interested in the new pct. I've seen a study by Italians that a compound that is\was used for castration is supposed to be the new sliced bread in pct.
Shine , any more info?

Triptorellin. Limited studies but Scally is supposedly looking to include it in a new "restart"protocol he is working on.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Triptorellin. Limited studies but Scally is supposedly looking to include it in a new "restart"protocol he is working on.

Yes that's it Brother, there's also another that's talked about, naltrexone, but I guess it's considered rec so that's out. You hear any on that one?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic