Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Niles man indicted in steroids ring - Mutagenic busted

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
WARREN -- A second man linked to a nationwide Internet anabolic steroids distribution operation has pleaded not guilty to corruption-related charges and five additional counts of identity fraud.

Randy A. McHale, 46, of 13 Neil St., Niles, appeared Tuesday for his arraignment. He was released on $25,000 bond pending a pre-trial April 9 before Common Pleas Judge W. Wyatt McKay.

McHale faces the second-degree felony charge of complicity to engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity and the fifth-degree felony identify theft charges.

Details of the charges are spelled out in an affadavit that prosecutors used to arrest 22-year-old Joseph Stiver of Bazetta, who has been labeled the ringleader and the one who created Mutagenic - the website that offered the steroids for sale.

Stiver used the information to create PayPal accounts in their names that were then used to pay for the illegal steroids, according to an affidavit unsealed in the case.

Stiver, identified as a student at Youngstown State University, is free on $50,000 bond and on house arrest after pleading not guilty Monday to a 17-count indictment. He had been arrested March 21 on a prosecutor's warrant and held for about a week on $250,000 bond after assistant county prosecutor Charles Morrow called him a flight risk for future court appearances.

McHale meanwhile is believed to be identified in indictments as CS1 (confidential source one), or an associate of Stiver and "among others who are known or unknown," according to indictments.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Some more info to add to Admin's post:

If anyone has noticed, there has been a surge of AAS related busts recently. Reminiscent of right before/during ORD years ago for those of you who remember.

Everyone please stay safe.

Mutagenic Steroids, aka Mutagenic.co busted.

Email: [email protected]

Bazetta man indicted for steroids case - TribToday.com - News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Tribune Chronicle - Warren, OH

Bazetta man indicted for steroids case
April 1, 2014
By CHRISTOPHER BOBBY , Tribune Chronicle

Save |
WARREN - Prosecutors on Monday released a court affidavit that outlines how a 22-year-old ''A'' student at Youngstown State University set up an elaborate Internet business that distributed steroids and laundered money through a series of PayPal accounts.

The accounts, according to the affidavit used to arrest Joseph Stiver, who lives with his parents at 2873 Cadwallader Sonk Road, Bazetta, were set up by an associate who worked for Global Fitness on Elm Road N.E.

The associate passed on names, Social Security numbers and dates of birth of gym members to set up the accounts that held proceeds for the sale of the performance enhancing drugs, the affidavit states.

A quarter-mile away from the gym, another associate rented several storage units at E-Z Self Storage in Bazetta for a makeshift office and warehouse Stiver's Internet business known as Mutagenic.

It was a Dec. 11 break-in at E-Z Self Storage that led to the investigation launched by Trumbull-Ashtabula Group Law Enforcement Task Force. Bazetta police found evidence of a prescription steroid known as Testosterone Cypionate, a Schedule III controlled drug, and a neatly kept workshop where different vials were stored.

A search warrant by a TAG agent revealed syringes, assorted pills believed to be Zymaplex, and information identifying an Global associate. Also found was a package addressed to the associate with a return address from a body-building company in St. Louis.

TAG developed cooperation from the two associates, who detailed the operation of Mutagenic, and how they would make deliveries and pickups, some at the Niles post office for what has been labeled an illegal enterprise run by Stiver, who pleaded not guilty Monday before Trumbull County Common Pleas Judge Ronald Rice.

The indictment was included on a special report from a Trumbull County grand jury.

Rice set a pretrial in the case for April 17, and after arguments by Stover's attorney, Dan Keating, and assistant county prosecutor, Charles Morrow, decided to lower Stiver's bond from $250,000 to $50,000, allowing him to be released from jail.

He had been arrested March 21 and had an initial court appearance when he was wearing a Global Fitness sweatshirt.

Rice said his Adult Probation Department would monitor Stiver on house arrest, allowing him to attend school, work and attend court appearances.

Morrow argued that nearly $180,000 seized from the attic area above Stiver's bedroom in his parent's home and relationship with customers could lead to him fleeing. Morrow also argued that Stiver failed to cooperate with certain authorities and attempted to conceal other funds from the business that could have financed an escape from justice.

Besides a first-degree felony charge of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, Stiver faces five counts of identity fraud, two counts of tampering with evidence and several others counts of trafficking, possession and aggravated possession of drugs - mostly the steroids. Most of the drug counts also have forfeiture specifications.

the-duke

the-duke

Nov 7, 2012
Everyone be safe this is very similar to ord. I really hope it isn't but watch out. I've so heard from a few guys that something is going on with usps. Haven't found out yet exactly but I'll keep everyone in touch

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Was Muta a brewer or reseller? trying to put some puzzle pieces together. Anabolic Nation has been mentioned as the product sold by muta.

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Everyone be safe this is very similar to ord. I really hope it isn't but watch out. I've so heard from a few guys that something is going on with usps. Haven't found out yet exactly but I'll keep everyone in touch

I am one of those who is always looking over his shoulder for ORD II. That said, read that media piece from wesleyinman. Sounds like a routine burglary at the storage place on Dec. 11 led to LE stumbling on the muta operation more by chance than by any traditional investigation and case development?

I have seen a well regarded source on 2 other boards announce he was closing down due to undisclosed usps issues. Customers report he told them he would honor all outstanding orders, a few customers began confirming he had done it with them, and now there is some hearsay-level talk that the usps thing, in his case anyway, was a false alarm. Hard to know which gossip to believe and which to discard, but I am not in my usual Chicken Little mode on the strength of these 2 items alone. Not yet anyway lol

the-duke

the-duke

Nov 7, 2012
I actually was told it was a false alarm as well. Assuming we are talking about the same source I talked with him this morning and he's returning shortly.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
In regards to our two friends who have allegedly had a usps scare, I love them both, but I would stay away. You don't know that they don't have a gun to their head so to speak, and are going to be working with LE. First they say shut it down, then everything is cool? What has two thumbs and hates the thought of jail? >>>> THIS GUY <<<<< but I may be way off?

the-duke

the-duke

Nov 7, 2012
No it wasn't a scare for me at all. A source let me know he was taking a break because he had reason to believe something was going on inside USPS. Then he told me it's ok and he is coming back.

But you're right you never know something may or may not have happened. It's the scare of the game

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic