Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Night time protein

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
What are you all using? what is good? i used to use syntrax matrix. i just looked it up and was surprised and happy they dropped the soy protein. Dont want something loaded with carbs or fat, just protein and it has to taste GOOD.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
What do you have against soy protein? I used to believe that for males it was counterproductive, but I read something last year about how that is misnomer and that when used in combo with a whey protein, can actually improve absorption and utilization. Before you ask, I'm already looking for it, haha.....

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Can't find the exact article, but after a quick 10 minute search on google, I found a wealth of info disproving the claim that soy is a female's protein and can increase estrogen in males. And I also stumbled across one article that explains why soy protein increases the benefits of other foods because of it's perfect balance of aminos, including high concentrations of bcaas, glutamine, and arginine. Not saying that I use soy, but I wouldn't not use it either if it were in a blended protein that I used.

On point though, I usually have a casein/bcaa cocktail before bed, and another when I wake up to piss in the middle of the night. 20g of protein and 5g bcaas each time. I haven't felt like it causes any excess fat gain and I definitely feel like I am recovering better. Still wake up hungry too, so I think it helps keep my metabolism stoked as well without filling me up.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
I use Parrillo brand brownies, pudding (the best for leaning) and sometimes the shortbread cookies and frosting. Just be careful with the ones that require the use of oil (they try to sell you the MCTs but I use olive oil). The pudding works very well if you are dieting harshly.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've read soy protein can cause increases in estrogen levels.

As for what I have at night, nothing beats a big piece of flank steak.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Goldy- I make my own protein shots, it comes in a 3ml vial, sometimes more, sometimes less....

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I like concentrated whey blend with natty pb and some digestive enzymes tablets.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

With further research tonight, I found quite a few conflicting studies and articles on whether or not soy raises estrogen levels. The most recent research indicates that the isoflavones in soy can increase estrogen-like effects, but not significantly. This being said, I found NUMEROUS articles on many other negative effects of soy, including the fact that 95% of soy sold is bio-engineered and contains a host of pesticides and other chemicals. Soy can also affect thyroid levels and cause lethargy and weight gain. Bottom line, soy is no good for anyone, male or female. I retract my previous post about not avoiding soy. I WILL be avoiding soy from here on out.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Cassein works, slam it back when ya get up to pee-

Now I'm having a stiff serving of BCAAS in the middle of the night- can't really feel a difference

Spikykite

Spikykite

Feb 14, 2011

Soy isnt that bad if you don't consume more than a certain amount of it (not more then 30 or 50 gram a day)
Cant find that article about that anymore :-(
but when exceeding a certain dose it has a negative effect on ya and does increases in estrogen levels

I sometimes take Kwark you dont have it in the us its like yoghurt but with way more protein in it (casein)..

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I just think if there's better protein out there why mess with soy. Unless you're eating a tofu meal, what's the point.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic