Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Nicotine as a pre-workout stimulant

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
Not sure if this has been discussed before but I've found a 4mg piece of nicotine gum about 20 min before training really makes for a great, intense workout with big pumps/vasularity. I'd use in moderation though, maybe 2 workouts/week.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
As a recovering nicotine addict I must say this is a really bad idea... Nicotine is an incredibly addictive substance. Not worth it IMO. Need a big pump? Eat some honey or have some kool aid for a pre.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Not a good idea imo.

Slic.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i'm gonna play devil's advocate here not only because i'm a smoker but because i'm also an instigator and say this;
yes nicotine is a drug and yes nicotine is addictive.
doesnt AAS fall under BOTH of these categories as well though?
yet we sit around and talk about Dbol pre workout and Prop and Susp etc... and i dont hear anybody saying "thats a bad idea" or "that shit is a drug" then...

i would like to state for the record that i'm not being a dick or trying to flame anyone here, nor am i advocating the use of nicotine or steroids. just food for thought

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Nicotine doesn't sound like a great idea for a PWO...its just as bad as smoking a cigarette

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
So is that why the creepy old guy in the van is smoking between sets at the gym??

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Been chewing it non stop for 15 years. The only time its not in my mouth is when I sleep....REAL bad idea....

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
Having tried it before and never been a smoker, Id say for most people there isnt a risk of getting addicted to nicotine from the gum alone... I tried it as an appetite suppressant in my BBing days... It worked for a short period, but you quickly build up a tolerance... I wouldnt advise it for PWO simply because i dont see how it would be useful... Dont most smokers say a cig relaxes them? And MULTIPLE studies have shown that nicotine affects blood flow inhibiting recovery...

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
As a dietary aid it works great when dieting, kills appetite and is direct precursor to adrenlaline and thats much more effective as a fat burner, where your typical OTC has one extra step with nor-epinephrine I believe, the addiction part aside it works quite well.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Not good. Nicotine has a suppressing effect on one's appetite. Knowing this, I bought the gum to help during my cut. It made me feel dizzy and nauseous. I hated it, not worth the money either. You want a preworkout boost, take a caffeine tab and your set.

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
nicotine, in and of itself, is relatively harmless in comparison to tobacco

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic