Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Nice job by the spotters...... NOT!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The guy with the pony tail watching is one of Gene's guys and does actually know what he's doing. This was an RPS meet. And unfortunately, the idiot benching chose to use his pals. Pony tail guy is off on the side like that because he probably did the hand off and then jumped out of the way of head judge seen seated at the bencher's head.

Thank you admin for posting this a few weeks before my meet... I appreciate that. Cause my regular meet nerves weren't bad enough. :(

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
The guy with the pony tail watching is one of Gene's guys and does actually know what he's doing. This was an RPS meet. And unfortunately, the idiot benching chose to use his pals. Pony tail guy is off on the side like that because he probably did the hand off and then jumped out of the way of head judge seen seated at the bencher's head.

Thank you admin for posting this a few weeks before my meet... I appreciate that. Cause my regular meet nerves weren't bad enough. :(

He does have the "I told you so" look on his face, LOL

Just don't use your buddies and you will be all set poopers.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011

I only trust one person to handoff the weight to me.....as long as the side spotters are RPS guys, I'm cool with that......my bench wouldn't crush a 6 year old girl's chest if dropped anyhow

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
as long as the side spotters are RPS guys, I'm cool with that......

I wouldn't be so sure.....

Look at this pic I snagged from one of my comp vids.:

XlkEswOszkHGzWtIimkpFhLoVfZTTUlMIJeF-610xh.jpg

That is me on my 3rd and final squat attempt. Look at the guy on my right (left in the picture)...

Wearing flip-flops, positioned behind the bar with his hands out in front of him and he's in an awkward stance. Compare that to the guy on the other side.

If I got in trouble (thankfully I didn't) this dude would have been useless as a spotter.

I am pretty sure they were short on spotters for this event and asked for help, but dayum that guy clearly had no idea what he was doing.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I wouldn't be so sure.....

Look at this pic I snagged from one of my comp vids.:

That is me on my 3rd and final squat attempt. Look at the guy on my right (left in the picture)...

Wearing flip-flops, positioned behind the bar with his hands out in front of him and he's in an awkward stance. Compare that to the guy on the other side.

If I got in trouble (thankfully I didn't) this dude would have been useless as a spotter.

I am pretty sure they were short on spotters for this event and asked for help, but dayum that guy clearly had no idea what he was doing.

ya, that's bad....my home gym is a partial sponsor where about 30-40 lifters out of expected 120 are from that gym.....I'm anticipating some of the top side spotters. If not, I have a few guys from our gym that I trust when in training.

That is real bad though....shit, that would get in my head if I saw a 160lb kid in flip flops.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
That is real bad though....shit, that would get in my head if I saw a 160lb kid in flip flops.

I was so psyched out for this lift I didn't even notice him. I had tunnel vision. All I saw was that bar.

Wasn't till I snagged this pic that saw him and went "WTF, that was my spotter???" LMAO.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I was so psyched out for this lift I didn't even notice him. I had tunnel vision. All I saw was that bar.

Wasn't till I snagged this pic that saw him and went "WTF, that was my spotter???" LMAO.

True I prob won't even notice either. I got the nerves shaking lately already.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
He does have the "I told you so" look on his face, LOL

Deft not a look of concern!

He might know what he's doing and be a good guy but that picture sure paints a different picture lol.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
True I prob won't even notice either. I got the nerves shaking lately already.

Just pay attention to sitting back and back tight or whatever I'm screaming at you. Don't worry about the spotters especially when squatting... You have the straps there too. They've stopped 600 from stapling me before.

M

MJR

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2012
Just pay attention to sitting back and back tight or whatever I'm screaming at you. Don't worry about the spotters especially when squatting... You have the straps there too. They've stopped 600 from stapling me before.

Those straps serve a purpose. My last meet a guy lost 700 off his back and those straps caught it without a problem.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic