Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Nibido (testosterone undeconate) 3 month depot

S

Sonoman

Nov 26, 2012
I am just curious if there are any andrology insiders that know why Nibido has not been evaluated by the evil empire (FDA) ? This sounds like a good depot for us guys on permenent TRT for hypogonadism . Pinning one time every 3 months sound mighty nice minus the big ole 4mls. Im sure if pushed slow it might be tolerable.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
As far as being a prescribed medication like Testosterone Cypionate and Enanthate, Nebido has yet to be cleared by the FDA, although it is already currently being prescribed in 86 foreign countries

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
As far as being a prescribed medication like Testosterone Cypionate and Enanthate, Nebido has yet to be cleared by the FDA, although it is already currently being prescribed in 86 foreign countries

Times Roman, it IS you who I've seen give others a hard time for not citing references, so how 'bout a cite for the above verbatim C/P job?

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
Times Roman, it IS you who I've seen give others a hard time for not citing references, so how 'bout a cite for the above verbatim C/P job?

my bad. this info has been around for awhile now, but i did go to an actual site to see how many countries actually allow nebido.

here it is:

http://blogs.fullwaza.com/PumptheIron/tag/fda/

although i'm now in a catch 22 as i usually don't like to reference other boards

S

Sonoman

Nov 26, 2012
I am aware its legal in many countries but my question was if anyone had info on whats blocking it from approval here in the USA. I work for an andrologist in Houston and we have pats coming in from Mexico (other reasons) and they have some nice #s at the 2.5 month post inj mark so obviously the depot is as described and our patients here in the US have been asking about it. My feeling is the financial Gods have not paid homage to uncle Sam for his blessing. Does not appear to have any safty issues as far as I see. if no one has info its all good. Thanks guys-gals.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
http://www.drugs.com/nda/nebido_080630.html

The FDA has expressed a concern about a relatively small number of patients in European post-marketing use who have experienced respiratory symptoms immediately following the intramuscular injection of Nebido 1000 mg, 4 cc injection volume, (versus the 750 mg, 3 cc injection volume used in the United States). The Company believes and the FDA concurs that the reaction is likely the result of a small amount of the oily solution immediately entering the vascular system from the injection site, a known, rare complication of oil-based depot injections.

The phenomenon is characterized by short-term reactions involving an urge to cough, coughing episodes or a shortness of breath. In rare cases the reaction has been classified as serious or the patient experiences other symptoms such as dizziness, flushing or fainting. In the Company's U.S. clinical trials of Nebido 750 mg (3 cc injection volume), the proposed dose in the U.S., there was a single, mild, non-serious case of oil-based cough observed. In addition, the FDA believes that four cases in the European post-marketing experience may have an allergic, anaphylactoid component, although the Company believes these cases were improperly classified and represent the same oil-based phenomenon.

The FDA has requested the Company address these clinical deficiencies by providing detailed safety information from clinical studies to determine the precise incidence of serious post-injection oil-based reactions and allergic reactions. Specifically, the FDA has requested follow-up data from the on-going U.S. and European studies in which patients are being treated with Nebido on an extended basis. A majority of these trials are scheduled to be completed within twelve months. The FDA stated that depending on the findings, the number of subjects and the number of injections of testosterone undecanoate from the studies listed above, the safety database may need to include data from additional clinical studies. They have requested that the Company propose the size of the safety database (i.e., total number of subjects exposed to testosterone undecanoate intramuscular injection and total number of injections) and the rationale for the size of the proposed safety database.

FDA has also requested the Company provide a plan to minimize the risks associated with the clinical use of testosterone undecanoate intramuscular injection, namely, to reduce the incidence and/or severity of the serious oil-based reactions and has requested certain in vitro and skin-testing data to exclude an allergic component to the drug or some of its excipients.

S

Sonoman

Nov 26, 2012
Great answer !!! Thank you, I have not been able to find this data anywhere even with a bunch of buddies that work for Slate Pharma , Auxilliam and Endo. This is also being stalled by the the lobbyest for Slate because Testopel might take a huge hit if Nibido is approved. In addition Testopel has been put oh hole til after the new year due to hurricane Sandy effecting the production lab in Rye NY. Lots of urologist have been asking me if I had any info so thanks again !!

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
The Stuff works fine for HRT, I have used it extensively .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic