Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
F8C26C1F-46E4-4E83-BD1B-3158604137D1.jpeg

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Skating at 3 and organized hockey by 5, i would eat my vegetables just so I could stay up to watch an extra period..... and by the relative age of tid I'm still a youngin ;)
Ha! Love it. I grew up skating too. Not sure what age, but I was damn young and small. I haven't played hockey in about 8 years. I have serious eye issues and have had a half dozen concussions and decided I should get out with my sight and whatever is left of my faculties. Love the game, love skating.

Growing up in Detroit, across the river is Windsor so we got Channel 9 CBC and watch hockey night in Canada every Saturday. Man so much fun. The Maple Leafs - Wings games were the best to go to. They would play in either Detroit or Toronto Friday night and the next night in whatever locale they didn't play in. Same with Chicago. I am talking 70's, 80's and early 90's before Bettman.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Blackhawks!

The most bad ass player. One of my favorites.

Most definitely a badass, one of the top few. You ever here the story about him and the marines in a bar fight? Classic fukn hockey story. I personally am a Rob Ray fanatic, once that sweater came over your head it's lights out!

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Most definitely a badass, one of the top few. You ever here the story about him and the marines in a bar fight? Classic fukn hockey story. I personally am a Rob Ray fanatic, once that sweater came over your head it's lights out!

I haven’t heard about the bar fight. I just tried googling it and didn’t find anything.

can you give me a quick summary about it?

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I haven’t heard about the bar fight. I just tried googling it and didn’t find anything.

can you give me a quick summary about it?
In a bar, playing pool I believe, and confrontation breaks out. He tells the the guy(marine) to take the first shot. Probert takes it like a champ, which is a surprise to this guy, and then proceeds to do what he does best

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Blackhawks!

The most bad ass player. One of my favorites.

Probert was one of my favorites. I saw the movie during the FREEP film festival in detroit. People forget he was a damn good goal scorer in his early years. He helped take the Wings to the Conference Finals against Edmonton and the Great One two years in a row. Bobby's demons got him.

I bounced in many bars in Detroit in the late 80's and early 90's and meet many players of all teams. Probert was hot or cold when he came. When he was in a good mood he was fun to talk to. Good days. These kids nowadays have no idea what freedom we had.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic