pbtom
What's New?

NFL Playoffs

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Little push at the end with momentum carrying him. What are these guys supposed to do against running QB'S? You don't knock them out of bounds and they cut for 10+ more yards, you hit them and you get a penalty.
I won't argue with you about that. If a QB leaves the pocket and doesn't slide, he should get treated like every other player. That's the problem (one of many problems) with a guy on the field with a $200 million dollar contract. The league doesn't want him off the field with an injury so that create these silly rules.

The QBs in the 70s were tough dudes. Once you released the ball, you could expect to get hit. Granted, in the 70s the guy hitting you wasn't 6'5", 250, and run a 4.4 40yard dash, but he was permitted to take your head off.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
3rd down re-do was absurd. The push out of bounds on Mahomes was a late hit out of bounds every day, all day, and twice on Sunday. I was rooting for the Bengals too. I'm a Pats fan, but I like Joe Burrow. That late hit was as dumb a play as the college QB this year who clocked the ball on 4th down.

All in all the games weren't well officiated, but officiating had nothing to do with the Philly game.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm rooting for the Eagles. There's just something really un-likeable about KC. I think it's Brittaney and Jackson Mahomes.

I am fired up to see the Philly O Line take on the KC D Line. That is going to be a battle for the ages in the trenches, and will decide the game.

The games are not fixed like some think they are. I would know if they are, and I'll leave it at that. That doesn't mean that people don't royally fuk up as officials and everything else. But outside of the blatant missed Pass Interference in the Saints game a few years ago, the NFL will never publicly admit that there were mistakes made. But I also guarantee that Ron Torbert was torn to shreds by NFL officiating office and game management executives after that game. If the NFL was more open about officiating mistakes instead of trying to cover them up, they would have more credibility. But they aren't blatantly fixing games. It's a $9 billion dollar league built on fantasy football and gambling. It would not be good for the league at all if the games were fixed.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
@DieYoungStrong the late hit on Burrows is a penalty all day also and much more of a late hit than the Mahomes hit, no call.
I can't stand that pickle sniffing half a homo Mahomes and hope tye Eagles take care of the rest of his ankle..

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
It really sucks when a game is decided by too many QB inj. And then a blatant late hit, when your team has the momentum, is about to get the ball, and is in good position to win. #58 should have been given a bus ticket home, and banned from the Bengals facilities.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
@DieYoungStrong the late hit on Burrows is a penalty all day also and much more of a late hit than the Mahomes hit, no call.
I can't stand that pickle sniffing half a homo Mahomes and hope tye Eagles take care of the rest of his ankle..

Ron Tolbert is not a great official. He does check some boxes though.

When I saw him as the white hat in the game, the first thing I said to myself was - he can't possible be one of the top 3 graded white hats in the league. Because that's all that's left - highest graded officials this year at every position, who have been in the league at least 5 years, get the Super Bowl. 2 and 3 get conference championships. The guys working the super bowl always work in the Divisional round.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
It was hard to watch the 49ers year end that way..... I think even with a 100% Purdy the Eagles prevail, they just looked that crisp. I was stoked when Johnson moved the ball and thought for an instant they still had a chance, then the reality hammer drops.... boom

On the ref's all I can say is its a tough job in real time, all I'll say is CONSISTENCY... but the Burrows no call when looked at against the game winning mahomes call... you gotta scratch yer head.....

Demigod

Demigod

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
Yeah there's certain calls they could make almost every play...seems like they get stricter when the game is on the line. And it certainly seems they favor one team over another at times. But who knows....

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
It was hard to watch the 49ers year end that way..... I think even with a 100% Purdy the Eagles prevail, they just looked that crisp. I was stoked when Johnson moved the ball and thought for an instant they still had a chance, then the reality hammer drops.... boom
Yes I think the Eagles would have won even if Purdy could throw as they altered their game plan after SF was stuck in run and screen mode. I noticed Philly wasn't taking as many pass plays and concentrated on a slower pace to methodically control the clock.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Any body heard the rumor that there are several members of the referees extended family that made boat loads betting on the Chiefs???

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
no.....i will say 3rd down replay was fccking absurd......i woulda been apoplectic

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Any body heard the rumor that there are several members of the referees extended family that made boat loads betting on the Chiefs???

That started on a satire website and mad some traction.

Look at it this way - NFL refs make around $500k per year depending on years in the league, position, etc. They also have a sweet pension when they retire. They make enough money so that they'd be stupid to get involved with gambling. One you're in, you can work 15-20 years in the league and get a sweet pension if you don't fuk it up - on the field or off. Every official starts in peewees and works their way up. It takes at least 5 years of officiating youth and high school ball before you can start getting a sniff at college, and then you usually need 10 years of D1 being at the complete top of your game before the NFL developmental program will even start to look at you. These guys work their whole life to get to the pinnacle of officiating - 99% of them aren't going to throw it away for gambling.

Also - the NFL has private eyes and security personell everywhere. You sign your life away to be followed like the getspo is watching if you work for the NFL officiating department. And believe me - they have eyes everywhere.

Most of our reffing gripes are actually with the NFL itself. The refs call the game exactly the way the NFL wants it called most of the time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic