Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Nfl 2013 superbowl odds

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Washington Redskins strong safety Brandon Meriweather will miss the season opener against the New Orleans Saints because of sprained ligaments in his left knee.

Coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday that Meriweather hurt the knee in practice on Monday. He could be out from two to four weeks.

Meriweather, a two-time Pro Bowl pick, was signed as a free agent in March. He originally hurt the knee in the first quarter of a preseason game against Chicago on Aug. 18.

Reed Doughty or D.J. Gomes are the possible replacements for Meriweather. Last week, Redskins safety Tanard Jackson was suspended for the season after a failed drug test.

si.com

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) -- Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Urlacher practiced Wednesday as the Chicago Bears continued to prepare for their season opener against Indianapolis.

Urlacher injured his left knee in the final game last season and has been sidelined for most of the preseason. He had arthroscopic surgery in mid-August and practiced Monday for the first time since July 31.

On Wednesday, he was listed as a full participant. That's good news for the Bears as they get ready to meet No. 1 draft pick Andrew Luck and the Colts on Sunday.
Urlacher did not stop to talk to reporters, but coach Lovie Smith says he had "a good practice."

Punter Adam Podlesh (hip) and safety Chris Conte (shoulder) were limited participants, while running back Lorenzo Booker (head) sat out.

si.com

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Adrian Peterson hasn't wavered all summer: He says he is ready to play for Minnesota in the season opener.

The star running back, recovering from a surgically repaired left knee, said Thursday he has "somewhat" of a gut feeling about whether the Vikings will let him suit up on Sunday for the game against Jacksonville.

Peterson didn't specify whether he's expecting to play and knows the decision is out of his hands.

"I'm below; I got coach (Leslie) Frazier, then I've got the owner, there's a lot of people that's really calling the shots," Peterson said. "So, only thing I can do is control my part. I've been doing that this week, continue to do that today. And before the game, I'm going to go out there and see what I can do and hopefully I will get the nod. I want to play, obviously."
\
Frazier has said Peterson's participation won't be determined until right before the game. Frazier has pushed a cautious approach, insisting this week that if Peterson does play against the Jaguars his workload will be limited. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave said the team has determined an appropriate number of carries for Peterson in the opener if he suits up.

si.com

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
Texans running back Arian Foster was tweeting MRI exam results on his injured hamstring to his legions of fans and fantasy football types at this time last season.

He won't have Houstonites and others on pins and needles going into the opener this season, even after leaving Thursday's practice with a knee injury the team said was minor.

"He's OK," coach Gary Kubiak said Thursday.

Foster and the Texans fully expect the running back to be in the lineup against the Miami Dolphins.

The former undrafted free agent signed a five-year, $43.5 contract in March. He has 2,857 rushing yards in the past two seasons, including 1,224 yards and 10 touchdowns in 14 games in 2011. He spent most of the 2009 season on the practice squad before breaking in the lineup with 216 rushing yards and three touchdowns in the final two games.

-- The Sports Xchange

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/06/arian-foster/index.html#ixzz25mH7hSDL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic