Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

News Man Gets Owned Live On T.V.!

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
If this virus was as airborne as some people have been told its is, Jin's prediction of 50-60 million dead would've been old news and we'd have a real pandemic.

Reactions: Jin
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
One more thing, symptomatic or not, if you walk around coughing by all means please wear a mask, for the rest of your life! I don't want your crud in the air!

Reactions: Jin
DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Just from going through this I'd say asymptomatic people aren't the ones spreading it, which is half the fear-mongering over it. Initial reports were that the virus was spreading from hard surfaces after 48 hrs or some b.s. and the CDC has taken that back too. It spreads like the cold and flu spread, coughing and sneezing. Be smart. Don't be a paranoid ninny.

If science really mattered the cities would have shut down the subways and buses after the MIT report showing that's how the virus spread in NYC. The only reductions in mass transit are due to lack of ridership and in fact many places are offering free rides still. With what we know (for 2 months now), that makes ZERO sense. Of course NY is also where the governor put sick people into nursing homes filled with high risk people...

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
If I'm breathing and micro droplets are leaving my mouth, they are going through the mask. And a mask doesn't prevent me from touching my face, as I have to keep touching my face to adjust my mask.

Bullshit "freedom". Those are two words I don't see together much. And the scare quotes even....

No shoes, no shirt = no service - totally accepted. Conservatives demanded that the baker had the right to refuse the gay couple.
But
no shoes, no shirt, no mask = now they freak out yelling and demanding that business let them in

this is bullshit "freedom"

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
No shoes, no shirt = no service - totally accepted. Conservatives demanded that the baker had the right to refuse the gay couple.
But
no shoes, no shirt, no mask = now they freak out yelling and demanding that business let them in

this is bullshit "freedom"

Letting a private establishment decide to require masks makes complete sense to me. And it's even rational. For example, even if I think the mask is baloney, if potential customers "think" they're safer, they're more likely to come and spend money at my business. So I'm rationally deciding to accommodate people's irrational fear in order to get people to come in the doors and spend money.

But having the gov't require masks is a little different. Don't you think? And isn't the clip that started this thread all about a reporter who is virtue signaling that all these bullshit freedom people are stupidly not wearing a mask at the beach or boardwalk, while his off-camera cameraman is at that very moment not wearing a mask and not social distancing? Doesn't that kind of show that the media dude is just being a prick to make up a story, and that he and his camera team don't even believe their own BS? That's BS freedom, IMO

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
The masks are so much about virtue signalling. Its basically a joke.

It should be up to a business to decide their rules. If you don't like them, tough luck. That's liberty. I know of guys who carry concealed in places posted no firearms and claim they have a 2nd Amendment Right. Well, the right to carry ends when you enter that building, just like your right to do whatever you want during the day ends when you agree to go to work for someone. Go someplace else if you want your way, but the business gets their way. Your rights don't trump someone else's in all cases. There is an exchange... you get to shop there if you obey the rules.

Last edited:
Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
People are very hypocritical and what I liked on this one is how the anchor lady ignored it completely. This shows how some people think they're Superior to others.

I personally wear a mask anytime I go out in public it's not to say I'm superior or I know something more than others. I wear it to protect others even though I have not gone anywhere except truly necessary trips.

I wear a mask just in case I am asymptomatic and I'm sick and I just happen to cough or sneeze I'm not throwing a bunch of droplets into the air that someone else may breathe in.

In my own personal opinion if inconveniencing me slightly can save another person from getting sick than it's well worth wearing a mask.

I've heard a lot of people saying it's my right to wear a mask or not and I agree it totally is but when you are doing something that can possibly cause me harm then you are infringing on my rights, are you not?

Example; if I don't wear a mask and I get sick and an unsuspecting person at the grocery store catches it because I cough or sneeze and I'm not containing the virus whether known or unknown now I have violated their rights to be safe.

It is very political and people are picking sides and I personally will always pick the side that will keep others safe regardless of they anyone wants to us to do.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
The masks are so much about virtue signalling. Its basically a joke.

It should be up to a business to decide their rules. If you don't like them, tough luck. That's liberty. I know of guys who carry concealed in places posted no firearms and claim they have a 2nd Amendment Right. Well, the right to carry ends when you enter that building, just like your right to do whatever you want during the day ends when you agree to go to work for someone. Go someplace else if you want your way, but the business gets their way. Your rights don't trump someone else's in all cases. There is an exchange... you get to shop there if you obey the rules.

Lenin saw them as "useful idiots". I think it is being used as a gauge to see who are those compliance keepers beyond logic.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Letting a private establishment decide to require masks makes complete sense to me. And it's even rational. For example, even if I think the mask is baloney, if potential customers "think" they're safer, they're more likely to come and spend money at my business. So I'm rationally deciding to accommodate people's irrational fear in order to get people to come in the doors and spend money.

But having the gov't require masks is a little different. Don't you think? And isn't the clip that started this thread all about a reporter who is virtue signaling that all these bullshit freedom people are stupidly not wearing a mask at the beach or boardwalk, while his off-camera cameraman is at that very moment not wearing a mask and not social distancing? Doesn't that kind of show that the media dude is just being a prick to make up a story, and that he and his camera team don't even believe their own BS? That's BS freedom, IMO

One shouldn't support those that require masks to receive your business. patronize someone that is going to appreciate your business better.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . Still not sure I understand the science of wearing one (not the medical grade one, but all the ones being worn in public). Seems like when you consider the size of the virus, and the porosity of a standard mask, it's kind of like erecting a tall chain link fence around your back yard to keep out the mosquitos.

THAT seems like a great analogy, Tommy, a lot of visual appeal with that one. EXCEPT, mosquitos have wings, and virus do not. Mosquitos can move from one place to another if they want to; virus don't "want," they just "are." The virus one person has can infect another person if there is actual contact. Absent contact, the virus has to hitch a ride to move from one person to another. The normal droplets coming out of our mouths or noses provide that ride.

They work fine.
Put on a mask of any kind then spit.
how far did that go?
its about stopping the micro droplets leaving the infected more than its about preventing it from entering . . .

No one has said those N95 masks offer 100% guarantees; they are just the closest thing we've got. The "surgical masks" that are not N95's that have always been worn in medical settings, and often industrial, farming, and just suburbanites mowing the lawn ... those masks are said to block about 75% of transmissions in the way MorganKane's analogy illustrates. The bandana type? . . . probably a lot less, but isn't any edge we can gain worth it, or is it more important to declare your freedom by endangering yourself or others?

I remember when Obama was gonna come get my guns, and that rascal never showed up. Now I am seeing where we are all being conditioned to surrender our liberty by pressure to wear a mask now, so we will accept anything later. I wear a mask now to do my tiny part to deal with this virus; I will decide on other issues promoted by politicians and media outlets one at a time. Is the mask perfect? No. Is it an inconvenience? Yes. Do reasonable adults accept the responsibility of being adults? Sometimes.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
"Being safe" is not a Right in the known universe.

You also cannot impose on someone's Rights through an inaction.

That was a poor choice of words on my part.
Not doing something which harms another person may not be stepping on their rights but it sure is a dick move in my opinion.

Let me rephrase this another way getting away from covid-19. I'm at the grocery store I see a man beating up his wife and I just shrug it off and walk away and I find out later she's dead because he cracked her skull. By law do I have to intervene? No, but, should I take some sort of action to keep her safe whether it's just calling the police or stepping in and stopping him from beating the crap out of his wife? Yes! By ignoring something which can possibly bring harm to another person should not happen no matter what the case is. I feel it is our responsibility as good humans to do whatever we need to do to keep the people around us safe.

Something recently that clarifies that even more take the case where the two hillbillies chase down the black guy in shot him with a shotgun. another person in a different vehicle was following them filming the whole thing and did absolutely nothing to help didn't call the police didn't intervene didn't yell for them to stop or anything now he's being charged as an accessory to murder. I understand there's a lot more of that story but that person's inaction may have caused another person to die. if he would have yelled I just called the police and I have it on film that you guys followed him with the intent to bring him bodily harm there is a possibility that they would have not shot him. But his inaction has now caused him to be roped up in to murder charges.

How about this? Can I drive through a school zone at a hundred miles per hour? Sure, I can but I take a chance on running over people so there are laws that govern speed which keeps people safe. Is that against our constitutional rights to not be allowed to drive a hundred miles an hour? No, it's not because it's done for the greater good. When a rule or law is set into action it may infringe on your personal thoughts and your desires to do something different but does not mean it is stepping on your constitutional rights.

This is near and dear to me I've lost two friends so far to this virus. People I've known for a long time and no one knows where they caught it but they did and now they're dead. I'll continue to wear a mask because again if it keeps one person from getting sick than it's worth the effort.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic