Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Newbie needs help!!

M

Mommymanda

TID Lady Member
Mar 21, 2018
23 single mom of two (father left after I gained weight from kids) always been on thicker side, but lost about 75lbs in last year and a half. The rest of the weight I have is hanging on my gut after the two c sections. I lost all substance I had on legs and butt. Extremely new to working out or sticking with it rather, and especially weight lifting. But I’ve been consistently weight training legs/glutes for seven weeks now along with high protein diet. Calories are at maintenance because I’m trying to achieve body recomp instead of full blown bulk. I do see a slight change in legs and butt but not sure if I should be seeing more results than I am. I really do not want to lose my motivation to keep going and I can’t afford a gym or trainer so I only workout at home with barbell. Don’t have much support from people around me and any good tips or inspiration is greatly appreciated.. I know nothing is instant or comes easy, I just want to like myself for once..

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome to TID @Mommymanda , what types of movements are you doing at home to try and build muscle and what does your diet look like.
If you need a support group, start a log, you'll get some good responses from the group here.

M

Mommymanda

TID Lady Member
Mar 21, 2018
Typical workout for me is
Warm up 5-10 mins with glute activation movements with resistance band

Barbell back squat
3 sets 8-10 reps

Romanian deadlift
3 sets 8-10 reps

Barbell hip thrusts
3 sets 8-10 reps

Diet goal for a day would be 170 grams protein 160 g carbs and 50 g fat

I set it above the typical 1g of protein/lbs body weight because I’m eating at maintenance calories and don’t want to interrupt muscle gain

M

Mommymanda

TID Lady Member
Mar 21, 2018
Welcome to TID @Mommymanda , what types of movements are you doing at home to try and build muscle and what does your diet look like.
If you need a support group, start a log, you'll get some good responses from the group here.
And I’m new here so how would I start a log lol

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Welcome!

Member online journals - new topic

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic