Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Newbie here

T

thirteens

Mar 19, 2022
Welcome Thirteens,
Once you are settled in here, you are in the right setting to achieve your goals!
TID is all I’ve ever needed. I’m grateful for this site!
Ive been through the back thing, had the fusion surgery and back in the gym, albeit more carefully and much lighter weight.
There is a vast wealth of knowledge here. I’m an old head, but always still learning and loving weight training!
enjoy!
Interesting! Yeah triple fusion is on the table but the doctor strongly advised against it until all other options are exhausted. I have two small kids so until they're both in school full time, I'm going to try to avoid that surgery. It's full blown strengthening the entire posterior chain for now.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Depending upon the cause of your stenosis, there can sometimes be a relatively simple surgery that works, but it does eventually come back..
at your age, I would avoid all back surgery unless daily pain becomes unbearable.

doctors, surgeons and PTs vary a crazy amount by actual competence…a really great PT can be an amazing help, if you can find one…

I would avoid flat bench, and just go 45 degree incline…makes a huge difference in low back strain!

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
One more thing..basic, but invaluable: engage your core in everything you do!
just sucking your navel in as far as you can, will engage your core…

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Welcome to the board! Good luck reaching your goals!

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
What's up guys? New hear but not new to training. Late 30's, wife kids, training since 8th grade. Mostly sports performance training. I've never been north of 185lbs at 5'10" and under 15% BF. I'd like to change that now, hence me joining the site. I read the rules so I'll try to avoid the banned questions. I'll figure out the answers to those elsewhere I suppose.

Goals? Bigger, stronger, faster! Still in good shape but lost lots of training time to a vicious, chronic, evil low back...discs, stenosis, etc. I have a good amount of equipment at home, the newest addition is a reverse hyper machine. I think it's done wonders getting me back to training full time again.

Before I fell off I was flat benching 320, OH press 205, back squat 345 and dead lifting somewhere around 450. I know the squat and dead are low but I'm careful with my back. My cardio is pretty trash, awful running mechanics that always lead to achilles pain so I don't run much for distance. Try to keep it to sprints mostly. I ride an airdyne and rower most of the days for cardio. I've always been pretty good with the diet, no issues there. Pretty disciplined in general so changes to my diet are usually easy to do.

So yeah, my first goal is 185 and under 10% BF. Then go north of 200 from there while also improving my cardio. I realize long cardio is not a friend to building muscle. I'm not completely new to gear, I messed around with andro back in the day during the bonds/mcgwire era and more recently with sarms. I've eased my way here and I'm ready for the real stuff and serious training/diet.
What's your current weight, how do you train and whats your diet look like by cals and macros? .

Welcome the the Den @thirteens!:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic