Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Newbie here with new bicep tendon rupture

G

Ghost22

Apr 21, 2023
Hello everyone. Posting to see if anyone has ever had this injury and if so did you have surgery, how long was the recovery, were you able ever to go to the gym ever again? Thank you in advance for your welcomed input. Happy new year all
I’m on my third ruptured tricep surgery since August 29. I get 3 months into it and some fluke accident happens and I trip fall and rerupture. My elbow bone chips and the tendon goes with it. Any suggestions on what supps to use? Was thinking gh, eq, and var for strengthening my bones in tendon. Any suggestions?

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
Sorry to hear about that ghost. I don’t know to be honest. I’m interested in finding out as well. I’m 4 months post op. I actually fell back the other way in my enclosed trailer trying to start blower and I caught myself with my op arm. Thank god nothing happened.

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
I’ve been drinking tons of bone broth for the callogen. Hoping that is helping.

ncsports

ncsports

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2023
Sounds like you are doing well at this point.

I had a SLAP tear repaired in my shoulder about 12 yrs ago (40yo). When he went in the long head bicep attachment at the shoulder had a tear and was repaired as well. I did very well with flexibility and stiffness afterward so my PT route was different. My biggest issue was mental with the stability of my shoulder/bicep.

I think it is best to consider longevity and listen to your body, which sounds like you have been. We want to stay functional as long as we can.

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
Injuries are worse, they provide worse pain and increase the level of stress, but with patience and recommendations of doc, one can get a full recovery!
It’s really possible to go to the gym again after surgery. The STOP INSERTING LINKS FUCKTARD will be best for better recovery, as exercise is the best source to keep you healthy and fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
I appreciate the feed back. I’m now 5 months post op. I still go to therapy once a week. I have a physical job so i am always sore at the end of the day. I tried benching 25 pounds on each side lol and shoulder presses light with 25lbs max as well. Curling on lily 15lbs max. It’s just frustrating bc I feel everything. Definitely doesn’t feel as if I was never injured before tho like a lot of these YouTubers I see. I don’t know if their telling the truth about what time line they are on but a couple are doing 200-250lbs bench press on barbell 12 weeks out and have no restrictions and then I see how I feel and there’s no way I could do the wait I used to at this point. So again I don’t know if they’re the exception to the rule or what. I just pray I can work out again like I used to.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Injuries are worse, they provide worse pain and increase the level of stress, but with patience and recommendations of doc, one can get a full recovery!
It’s really possible to go to the gym again after surgery. The STOP INSERTING LINKS FUCKTARD will be best for better recovery, as exercise is the best source to keep you healthy and fit.
Fixed that for you, free of charge...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic