Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

newbe strongman training!

R

rubus

Jun 26, 2012
Someone involved with strongman training that would help me? If you have any technique tips please tell them, thank you.

Log press

apollon axle fail

Last edited by a moderator:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
On the axle you need to press back and up . On the log dont let it get in front of you and pull you forward.

What specific questions or technique fo you want help with?
I can tell you axle is more about speed than power.

C

ClintDarden

Jun 15, 2012
Gotta work on the log clean and make sure that it is rotated back to push behind you...not in front.

It's just too much weight on the axle. It bent your upper body posture as you went down to use leg drive into it. Practice with weights that you can nail...over and over and over...

Success is the key to success on both of these. Never miss!

stayaggro

stayaggro

Jan 23, 2012
Gotta work on the log clean and make sure that it is rotated back to push behind you...not in front.

It's just too much weight on the axle. It bent your upper body posture as you went down to use leg drive into it. Practice with weights that you can nail...over and over and over...

Success is the key to success on both of these. Never miss!

Listen to this guy - His youtube channel has helped me tremendously. He knows his stuff.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
learn the fundimentals on how to jerk a bar correctly with either a double knee bend or a split. That will help you tremendously.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
I have never seen a clean like that, doesn't look safe.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Watch some Olympic Weightlifting tutorials from Pendlay to learn how to jerk a bar. You'll want to search for Power Jerks or Split Jerks. "Jerking" a bar is the second portion of the Olympic lift Clean & Jerk.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic