Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

New year, new me

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013

My gym was packed last night. I even go in later to try to avoid some of the rush hour crowd. It seems like a lot of teens go after 6 pm for some reason & they run in groups. I was doing g legs last night & wanted to hit some calves before I left so I kept an eye on the sweated calf raise Hopi h to jump on it. I did 5 sets of 2 other movements while 3-4 teen boys hovered around the calf machine bumping their gums. I think 2 of them were actually using it. It seems like this is their norm. It’s like they just want to hang out & socialize & be little db’s. Is this goi g on where you train?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
oh man, that would drive me nuts. I'm lucky, i belong to a small gym (but has some great equipment-and enough variety) and a lot of members there do bodybuilding shows, so they are serious about their workouts.
I worked out last night 5p-615p lifting and there were only about 5 other people in the gym at that time and I knew all of them LOL.

Don't get me wrong, there are members at my current gym that like to bump their gums a lot (that or are on their phone for most of the time LOL) during their workouts. I don't get that. It seems they are there to socialize more than work out. Again for some, as this is not the majority there.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Good luck on the transition goal! I'm doing the same. Need to drop some weight, and harden up a bit. Not crazy about my current condition.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I hadn't trained in a commercial gym in like 20 years besides vacation. I had to join an Anytime Fitness for about a year due to my work gym closing and wore out my back knees and hips front and back squatting for 10 plus sets. I never have seen such a mind think like in there every one dresses the same looks the same skinny and in tank tops and shorts never even breaking a sweat and doing tons of sets on the cables for arms. You are correct they all were in groups and spent most of the time on the phones taking pictures and videos. They all looked at me strangely because I would be soaked with sweat and visibly exhausted.
Best thing was the chicks all decked in yoga pants and in sports bras. And the only thing they trained was glutes.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I can't believe the same Facebook friends have posted a "back in the gym" photos that did it last year at the same time, and the year before. They are really living the meme.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I hadn't trained in a commercial gym in like 20 years besides vacation. I had to join an Anytime Fitness for about a year due to my work gym closing and wore out my back knees and hips front and back squatting for 10 plus sets. I never have seen such a mind think like in there every one dresses the same looks the same skinny and in tank tops and shorts never even breaking a sweat and doing tons of sets on the cables for arms. You are correct they all were in groups and spent most of the time on the phones taking pictures and videos. They all looked at me strangely because I would be soaked with sweat and visibly exhausted.
Best thing was the chicks all decked in yoga pants and in sports bras. And the only thing they trained was glutes.
I train at Anytime Fitness when I travel & there’s a couple of guys that are pretty serious about it. The majority are of people, eh not so much.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
That's why I go anywhere between 1am and 5am. After 5, they start piling in. Luckily the morning crowd is older but you still see the same people year after year without making changes.

I prefer to be out before the crowd regardless.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic