Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

New Wellness Division 2020

D

Danyelle Talaro

May 21, 2019
Retain your summer glow all year long with the outstanding full body spray tanning solution from Endless Sun Tanning. Experience the best service at affordable pricing. For more information, visit: 296 Third Avenue Westwood, NJ 07675 US or Call us at: 201-358-2826

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
@monsoon I will get u a gift certificate here.....

Retain your summer glow all year long with the outstanding full body spray tanning solution from Endless Sun Tanning. Experience the best service at affordable pricing. For more information, visit: 296 Third Avenue Westwood, NJ 07675 US or Call us at: 201-358-2826

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Wow!! I seriously thought this was a joke, until I saw the video. Now, I'm convinced that I'll never compete again. It has become strictly a money making organization, which is very sad.

It's ALWAYS been a money-making scheme oh... I mean organization.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Wow!! I seriously thought this was a joke, until I saw the video. Now, I'm convinced that I'll never compete again. It has become strictly a money making organization, which is very sad.

I have to agree with you. My wife is a former national BB champion who turned pro in 1991. She quit because she was not willing to take more drugs to win. Who's fault is that.......the IFBB. They want femininity but allowed women to win at the risk of looking too masculine. Instead of returning sanity, they drop the sport because it doesn't draw a crowd. Again the IFBB's fault for not enforcing their own rules.

The bikini division was too much. I ran a powerlifting meet at the Europa- Dallas in 2007 and thought this was a joke. You can see this by the pool any weekend. But they will have 50 girls in each division.....money in the bank. None of them have put time and dedication into their sport that bodybuilders have. 1 year of training and you too can be a pro. Now they add a WELLNESS division?

"WELLNESS defined - The constant and deliberate effort to stay healthy and achieve the highest potential of well-being." I just can't wait to read the rules on how winners are judged. Now you can go to a show, have a couple of beers and just up on the stage. Why don't they just have a wet t-shirt contest? That should pack the house.

I agree, VERY SAD. The sport of BB is being slowly destroyed.

Here is an example of what this is going to be like from Brazil

Last edited:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Wellness is very different in Brazil ;) I'm a fan.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Wellness is very different in Brazil ;) I'm a fan.

I hear you, but putting the obvious aside, I I see the Wellness division very similar to the bikini division. At the pro level the Wellness division is bigger then the pro bikini. Makes no sense as these are almost like the physique which is what BB use to be. Had the IFBB just enforced their own rules with women's BB it would still be around.

To me, sports should not be all inclusive as I heard on one of the videos promoting this idea. When you start this all inclusive stuff you really mean the more division you make, the more money you can make. Sad that this sport has resorted to this.

Last edited:
A

AangaTar

Feb 25, 2022
I don't like when bodybuilding is being turned into the show.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic