Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

New to use

E

eecousins

TID Lady Member
Mar 13, 2016
I want to increase my strength and harden up some. I have a pretty good workout schedule and have been following a shred for about 10 weeks. I have about 10-15 pounds to lose and am continuing with another shred after this is done in 2 weeks. I eat clean and count my macros like crazy. My breakdown is 190 protein, 120 carbs and 55 fats.

My workouts are lifting 4-5 days and cardio a min of 60 min daily.

Any suggestions?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
What is your current w,age, eight, height & bodyfat? What is the total calories you are eating right now - and also what is the proportion of protein, fat & carb? And how long have you been lifting? What progress have you made to date w/ this program? And also just to eliminate it as an issue - are you getting good quality sleep for good quality recovery?

IMO if you're making progress w/ the current program, then I would suggest you keep doing what you are doing. If you're looking for changes, please give more information as noted above. But just for some general modifications you can do to tweak things, again if yo'ure making progress but maybe not fast enough:

- if you're doing an hour of cardio, I'm assuming it's steady-state? If this is true, you can shake it up a little by introducing some sprint / HIIT cardio, e.g. 20 min of sprint interval 3-4 x/week, do SS @ 60 min on the other days

- Carb cycle

Are you looking to start a steroid cycle, since you posted in this section?

Last edited:
E

eecousins

TID Lady Member
Mar 13, 2016
I'm 40. Height is 5'2". Weight is 160 right now and I have 15 to go to goal weight. I eat based on the shed of 40/40/20. Calories about 1740. I do 180 protein, 120 carbs and 60 fats. I was wrong on the other post. I've been lifting for about 7 months and seemed to be not changing now. However I've lost 65 lbs since I started. I get 6-8 hrs of sleep-- averaging 7.

My cardio is 4 days interval and 3 steady state. I mix between rower, stair master and treadmill (alternating incline). As I said I'm starting a new program in 3 weeks.

I just want to improve my strength and over all muscle appearance.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
That's great progress & the program sounds good.

I'll be honest tho - if you've only been lifting for 7 months, I would spend more time tweaking your current program. You've got a huge range of things to modify. I think what you'd find from a steroid cycle right now is that it makes you "thick". You'll gain lean muscle mass but I don't know that you're looking to get "bigger". You've made great progress, but the body often can't sustain continuous loss - like if you're expecting continued linear fat loss - it may be trying to adjust to the current body composition so that it can pick up again. It may have also accommodated your current program and isn't responding to it anymore.

Generally you can start w/ some tweaks to your diet. If you're starting a new cut in 3 weeks, I would focus on that and see how the results come. As I said above, if you've already gone thru a large change in body comp, it can take some time for the body to accommodate that and be able to respond again. Looking to steroids to force a result that your body isn't ready to give usually turns out not the way you wanted. I can tell you this from 15 years of competition where it will always be diet, training & cardio and recovery that will dictate how well you can produce results. When you have to hit a target date at a very lean state, more drugs dont get you where you want. I would just continue doing the things you are doing. Simple things like a big refeed - like shit load for a meal, can kick your metabolism back into gear if its been on the same diet for quite a while.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic