Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

New to TRT use

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
A little about me. 29 yo male sitting at 205 and 17% bf. Had a very large vericocele removed early in puberty. Just recently been having memory problems, lack of motivation, tired all the time as well as a lot of other low t symptoms. Went to the doc and I got them to write orders for blood tests without him even seeing me. Went for the follow up and he said my test level was fine at 317!. Told him that my concern was that my level was half of the average for my age and since that it was low and I was presenting with symptoms a hypogonadism diagnosis fits. His response to that as sell as the research that I presented to him was "ok, lets get you on some type of therapy". He started me on 200mg of cyp eow 3 weeks ago. So 3 weeks from now we will retest and adjust dosage from there. He insisted on him giving the injections till my levels were where we were happy and then will allow me to self inject. Once I get to that point I plan on going to once or twice weekly injections based off of how I feel. I am also on the SI board but understand that the knowledge pool is a little thicker here. Any input or advice is gladly accepted.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think taking 100mg every week is better than taking 200mg every other week. If the doc is OK with you injecting yourself, I think it would give you more stable levels. 100-150mg/wk is pretty typical dose for TRT, but 200mg/wk would definately be better, but the doc will want you to be at 600 and not over 1200, Too bad....

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Try to get him to put you in the top 1/3 of the range. That would be optimal. That would be between 800 and 1200. Also, get tested on day before your injection. So 14 days out. That way most of will have cleared. Doing this might get him to up the EOW dose and then when you go to the EW dose with half of the EOW dose you will benefit from the higher blood levels that EW provides.

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
My doc is cool as shit and is letting me set the goals and pretty much take over my treatment except for the injections. Definitely shooting for the top 1/3 area. Looking forward to the self injects for the more stable levels

Spongy

Spongy

Mar 18, 2012
Welcome to the club creek! Learn as much as you can and ask questions!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I think taking 100mg every week is better than taking 200mg every other week. If the doc is OK with you injecting yourself, I think it would give you more stable levels. 100-150mg/wk is pretty typical dose for TRT, but 200mg/wk would definately be better, but the doc will want you to be at 600 and not over 1200, Too bad....
Agree, with the 100mgs every week, even 150mgs E/W. 200mgs every other week will give the roller coaster effect. You'll feel great, then start crashing to the point where you don't even want to get out of bed.

As long as the doc has you at 800 or below to 650 you feel and function fine. Insurance companies do not like seeing blood work coming back at the top end of normal almost to the high point over the limit.

Also giving yourself the injections isn't hard, just learn as much as possible from the dr.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Every other week is pointless, it needs to be done on a weekly basis or your will be on a hormone roller coaster. This can play with your emotions, energy, estrogen, and even body fat levels. What was your free test, that is the important one? How were your estrogen, TSH, T3/T4, LH, DHEA, and IGF levels? Those are all important to monitor as well. Why treat just one problem when likely it can be a wide array that started this mess in the first place? Your doc doesn't know much but its cool hes willing to learn. On the other hand there is alot more that needs to be considered to getting you to your ideal goals the safest/ Fastest way possible.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic