Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

New to TID

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
Hey guys, new to the board, been reading through some of the threads, so I thought I'd introduce myself in case I had a question or wanted to chime in. I'm a member on another board under a similar name, and I see a few familiar names here.

My story. Average guy, mid 40's, just under 200 lbs at 5'10". Always into sports, baseball as a kid right up to about age 30. Track&Field in high school, threw the javelin, pole vault, and occasionally ran the 200 and 300. Have also done many others at an unorganized level, like rock climbing, mountain biking, kayaking, football, golf, etc... Never any martial arts/fighting though. I've always been very active.

No college sports though, life made it so I had to work full time, and take classes at night. Still found time for semi-pro ball throughout the week though. Never did finish my degree, might be the biggest regret of my life.

Had a bad couple of years in my early 30's when my kid's mom left, and trying to be a single dad. I stopped sports and working out, and got into weekend drinking. There was one late night where I was semi drunk, disgusted at myself, probably eating a bag of McD's nuggets, watching late night TV. Flipping through the channels, saw a replay of the CrossFit games on ESPN, and thought that it looked cool. Went to a local CF gym the next day and got a membership, and that's how I got started back into fitness. It was on my birthday in 2012, a present to myself.

Did that for about 6 years, was pretty good at it, but didn't have the time to train for it like I needed to. I couldn't just do it halfway, it had to be the competitive sport. Switched over to Olympic Weightlifting for a short stretch, won some local comps, but ended up transitioning out of that.

Last couple of years has been body building style of training, learning my body, what works for me and what doesn't, trying to put on some size. Still learning, and it's been fun trying to figure out the puzzle. I have a decent home gym setup right now, and have been adding to it throughout this Covid mess, so I've been ok. I'll probably end up cancelling my commercial gym membership.

Anyway, thanks for having me guys, I hope my intro wasn't too long winded.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Welcome over CJ. Enjoy the neighborhood.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Welcome to the den, enjoy the board.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Your Intro was great. If you have a home gym that seems decent to you, you're way ahead of where many guys were, or still are, after COVID closed a lot of gyms. It created a tidal wave of sudden orders to Rogue and similar places, with a resulting waiting time of weeks to months. Read around here as your interests lead you, ask questions when you have ones the reading doesn't answer. New people always welcome, but many here have decades of experience behind their answers. Your Avi seems familiar to me, can't be too many of those around the boards lol.

Welcome!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic