What's New?

New to TID & lifting after 40....

• Thread starter Rooster Cogburn
  • Start Date
R

Rooster Cogburn

Mar 2, 2023
Greetings!

I have been in and out of lifting at various points in my life... never really achieved my goals in previous attempts. Figured I might as well give it another go before late age gets the best of me!

Have been lurking and reading for a few weeks and figured I would jump in.

Have been at the gym 4 days a week for the past 6 weeks trying to get some movement memory back and 'get ready' for a routine. Trying to get back into the 'eating' mindset as well and figuring out diet.

A few things I have noticed about my body since 'last' time...

- My body needs longer to recover after workouts (interesting but I guess it makes sense)
- My body doesn't get super hungry. When I was in my 20's & early 30's... I would just get stupid hungry every 3 hours or so. Currently, I have to remind myself to eat.
- I seem to sleep horribly if I workout in the evening/ night

Anyway, looking forward to learning!

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Welcome to the board Rooster! Good luck to you in reaching your goals! You will find plenty of knowledge here to help you on your journey.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
Welcome. Lots of old fuckers here including myself.
Im also in my 40s. I find hitting the gym on a consistent basis keeps me sane.....well sort of sane.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Greetings!

I have been in and out of lifting at various points in my life... never really achieved my goals in previous attempts. Figured I might as well give it another go before late age gets the best of me!

Have been lurking and reading for a few weeks and figured I would jump in.

Have been at the gym 4 days a week for the past 6 weeks trying to get some movement memory back and 'get ready' for a routine. Trying to get back into the 'eating' mindset as well and figuring out diet.

A few things I have noticed about my body since 'last' time...

- My body needs longer to recover after workouts (interesting but I guess it makes sense)
- My body doesn't get super hungry. When I was in my 20's & early 30's... I would just get stupid hungry every 3 hours or so. Currently, I have to remind myself to eat.
- I seem to sleep horribly if I workout in the evening/ night

Anyway, looking forward to learning!
Oh shit ... another young guy.

Welcome to the board where older gentlemen discuss how to (almost) defeat inevitable aging through the prism of many who've been there, and done that, a year at a time.

Welcome to where you may belong ... explore the content here.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic