Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

New to the forum

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Welcome Roger, glad ya joined us. I am 5-6 years behind ya in retirement. Hope you enjoy yours.

O

oldmanroger

Jan 27, 2023
Ya, I was fortunate with my Doctor. He's in his early 30's and was the Cleveland Browns Ortho. He just left UH and went to a new practice that does not let insurance set fees. They treat people based on their income. So he's a good person too. I'm never going to retire. My plan is buy my own truck and work when I want.

Glad you made retirement. Enjoy it.
Sounds like you had a damn good doctor. I was just doing factory work making I beams and fun stuff like that. I'm happy to get out of there. I also have a power washing business and do construction flip some houses to keep me busy seems like you wait for retirement but go stir crazy cause there's nothing to do or the wife gets to be too much lol.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . .
Never thought getting old was a thing till the last few years.
This gets discussed a lot on this board ... the different effects it has had on different people ... plus the ways to minimize them.

Sounding more + more like you have found a home here ;)

O

oldmanroger

Jan 27, 2023
This gets discussed a lot on this board ... the different effects it has had on different people ... plus the ways to minimize them.

Sounding more + more like you have found a home here ;)
Yes i feel like I have! I like the way the forums setup has a lot more people around my age and is a lot more laid back. I feel like I'll definitely be sticking around here.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Ya they had some complications when putting a rod in they drove it down and broke a bone in my leg been stuck with a walker. But now I'm finally feeling better and able to go with out the walker. Recovery took a lot longer than was supposed to cause of that.
You really have to do your research on the surgeon doing the replacement. My primary referred me to a guy who was part of his network. He had only done older people, no one who had been working out his whole life. I was only 50 when the 1st one was done. He did some kind of damage to a nerve in my leg and when I woke from surgery I could not move my leg at all. I had to wear an immobilizer, a brace that goes from my hip to my foot, for approx. 6 mo. The surgery took him over 6 hrs. and the scar is almost 12" long. About 2 yrs. later I got a different surgeon. Surgery took under 3 hrs., the scar is about 4" long. I was up walking on my own days end and went home the next morning. I was taking care of myself the day I got home and back to work in a week. Did I mention, on surgery #1, I was in the hospital for a week and off to rehab for another 10 days. It would have been longer if I hadn't demanded being let go.

O

oldmanroger

Jan 27, 2023
You really have to do your research on the surgeon doing the replacement. My primary referred me to a guy who was part of his network. He had only done older people, no one who had been working out his whole life. I was only 50 when the 1st one was done. He did some kind of damage to a nerve in my leg and when I woke from surgery I could not move my leg at all. I had to wear an immobilizer, a brace that goes from my hip to my foot, for approx. 6 mo. The surgery took him over 6 hrs. and the scar is almost 12" long. About 2 yrs. later I got a different surgeon. Surgery took under 3 hrs., the scar is about 4" long. I was up walking on my own days end and went home the next morning. I was taking care of myself the day I got home and back to work in a week. Did I mention, on surgery #1, I was in the hospital for a week and off to rehab for another 10 days. It would have been longer if I hadn't demanded being let go.
I should've went somewhere else. Done a little more research on the doctors. Atleast we are all healed up now! I'll definitely go somewhere else if it happens again. I'm glad to hear your doing good now it sucks going in thinking your getting fixed up but you come out in bad shape.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
welcome man, good folks here, lot's of surgeries, for all, me 5 in last 4 years, one went south

I will say, seems like past 50 everyone goes under the knife

same with me on test, 10 years and most likely a life time issue know

enjoy

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic