What's New?

New to the forum

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
37/m
180lbs
6 ft
Currently trying to fix my squat because sometimes my lower back hurts afterward. Plus, my quads weren’t firing like they should be.
Ive been using KBs and DBs for a few months this year to work on mobility and conditioning. However, I’ve started the greyskull lp linebacker program last week in hopes of seeing some gains but still use KBs for warmups and cardio days.
Ive been in and out of shape for the past five years. But I’ve been consistent this year although the results have been not so great. Hoping to soak up some knowledge here on the forum and get better results. Maybe make a few pals and get my diet and training squared away.
Making a journal will be my next step here.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
37/m
180lbs
6 ft
Currently trying to fix my squat because sometimes my lower back hurts afterward. Plus, my quads weren’t firing like they should be.
Ive been using KBs and DBs for a few months this year to work on mobility and conditioning. However, I’ve started the greyskull lp linebacker program last week in hopes of seeing some gains but still use KBs for warmups and cardio days.
Ive been in and out of shape for the past five years. But I’ve been consistent this year although the results have been not so great. Hoping to soak up some knowledge here on the forum and get better results. Maybe make a few pals and get my diet and training squared away.
Making a journal will be my next step here.

Welcome aboard, brother!

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Welcome. My lower back likes to take the stress, too, but my huckleberry is the Deadlift. I get so damned annoyed that I still cannot consistently fully load my hips and engage the posterior chain. My back squat is weak. Fuck, everything is weak. Who am I kidding?

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
Yeah, it’s kind of frustrating starting from almost ground zero but, I also look at it from the perspective that I’ll get my old numbers back in time. And if I can correct my form and cues I’m confident that I’ll see some gains in due time.
I may not ever hit huge numbers but, I know alot of guys that are in horrible shape in their 30s, and as long as I’m not that, I’m content for now.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Welcome!

My back is my limiting factor when it comes to squats, but really it stems from hips, glutes and hamstrings. If I get them nice and warmed up then my back is fine during my sets.

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
I couldn’t agree more with you as far as warming up. When I started foam rolling during my warmups and doing mobility stretching I found a huge improvement in my form as well as recovery.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Welcome brother. I just posted in your log. I see your stats here. Btw, it’s not all about the numbers. You make make a lighter weight way more useful by doing rest pause or using a slow concentric or eccentric movement. I don’t push the weights anymore. I make the weights more useful to get the muscle stimulation I need so I don’t break myself. Lot of older guys here can help you with that.

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
Welcome brother. I just posted in your log. I see your stats here. Btw, it’s not all about the numbers. You make make a lighter weight way more useful by doing rest pause or using a slow concentric or eccentric movement. I don’t push the weights anymore. I make the weights more useful to get the muscle stimulation I need so I don’t break myself. Lot of older guys here can help you with that.
Hey man, thanks for responding to my threads, I appreciate your input akd respect the knowledge you’re dropping. One thing I am definitely aiming for with starting this program from square one is using the opportunity to control lighter weights and usikg that to my advantage. And then working linear until I reach a healthy plateau. I don’t want to get overzealous and get injured because of ego.
I am open to suggestions, ideas, and criticism. Grateful to have a solid welcome from the veterans of the forum. Hopefully call this forum home for a while.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic