Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

New to HRT and already T dropping.

B

Bracko

May 20, 2013
I have been reading a few of the threads on this website and seem to have found a lot of useful info. I found the way a inject here with great explanation. I may have missed this thread but I am going to ask anyway.

I recently (7 weeks) started taking testosterone cypionate .5 200mg on a weekly basis. I inject ventrogluteal without any ill effects.

My initial T test was around 343 and my urologist retested me and it was 403 and free test of 114 pg/ml. He says low normal and I say ok.

6 weeks later tested again and now at 189 and free test went down to 52 pg/ml. I ask today if they have tested for estradiol and they say no they haven't. My question is how fast can estradiol cut my numbers down? Why would my numbers drop in half in 6 weeks? My rbc is high at 5.59 but all the other stuff(who knows what) they tested for shows normal. They asked if I was taking the injections or if I wasn't to get my insurance to now cover the meds. Really?? So not taking the stuff cuts my numbers in half? How does that make sense? One of the many little reasons I am kicking around the idea of switching docs.

He decided after this test to kick me up to .6 from .5 weekly. This doesn't sound like much of a bump. Does this all seem normal?? He wants to retest me in about 4 weeks.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
it doesn't make sense. 100mg weekly should put you around 500+. Have him up the dose.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
The usual starting point is 200 mg's per week. It shows why if your numbers are that low. I jumped from 400 to 980 when I started. I got a baseline test when I started and they waited 6 months to re-test, 6 weeks everything is just starting to kick in and your body's adjusting. This is just my thoughts tho. HRT is getting so popular alot of docs of all sorts are getting in on it. I would recommend a hrt clinic if you can afford it

B

Bracko

May 20, 2013
After most of week one upped to .6 200mg I felt pretty good for a couple of days. Tues and Wed I could only sleep about 2-3 hours each night but had energy and was wide awake and Thursday got about 11 hours. My sleep is jacked up. Friday I did some yard work and it wasn't much but my arms felt drained and they were shaky picking up little things. Shaky just holding things. Friday night things at work that normally annoy me sent me into a borderline rage in my head. I couldnt tolerate the little stuff. I have read that low numbers can cause rage more than high ones. Also, I read that after starting cypionate yours numbers go up the 1st couple weeks and then drop. Due to your body not producing naturally. Now I wonder if I am still dosing too low or if I need to pin twice a week due to the half life of this stuff. Again the 1st couple days are great and then bang it drops off. This is quite a rollercoaster.

W

Wicked69

Jun 15, 2013
Pinning twice a week works out better for me. Once I got my e levels dialed things just got even better. I was like a giant yo yo between T & e levels. I go and get my own blood work to get my e levels checked now. I have been on TRT for a few years both by regular doc and clinic . I think with most docs it takes a long time sadly to get them on board with adding meds, getting levels dialed in properly versus a clinic setting were that is all they do and have standrd procedures.
Good news is some docs are very open to doing what works best for their patient. If you have one of those, you being well informed and gently leading him to to the direction you want to go may work for you.
It is what I ended up doing.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Pin e4d subq. No rollercoaster. 150mg a week puts me at 1300 this way.

B

Bracko

May 20, 2013
The 2nd week was good in the beginning again but fizzeled come Friday. Talked them into letting me test again next Monday. The pattern seems to be me trailing off at the 5th day. I just think .6 every week is way too low. I will be really interested to see next weeks test but see that some people think it takes longer for this take effect on the body. I don't want to start 2 a weeks until I know that they have me at a decent dosage. I REALLY like the first 3-4 days as I have this desire to do more. Motivated to get off my ass. Needless to say today went much better.

B

Bracko

May 20, 2013
Tested last Monday and the numbers came back 359. The message from the Dr. was he was good with those numbers and keep the same dosage. WTF?!? I said these are lower then when you tested me originally. BS. I go from 189 on .5 to 359 on .6 and this number is still half what he originally wanted me to get to. I have an appt with a new Dr. but not for a month still. I called back my doc and said I disagreed with what he was saying and said they should re-evaluate this dose. I did dose .6 last Monday but then added another .3 on Friday. I felt much better over the weekend as opposed to previous weeks. That seems closer to where I should be. Awtg their call back on this and not sure what to dose today. Maybe do the same as last week and starting pinning twice a week.

K

-KB-

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2010
The usual starting point is 200 mg's per week.

My doc gave me a RX for 200mg PER MONTH. One injection (on my own). This was last October. He's never asked me to get blood work since. I need a new doc too.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
My doc gave me a RX for 200mg PER MONTH. One injection (on my own). This was last October. He's never asked me to get blood work since. I need a new doc too.

Uh, you think so?

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
Tested last Monday and the numbers came back 359. The message from the Dr. was he was good with those numbers and keep the same dosage. WTF?!? I said these are lower then when you tested me originally. BS. I go from 189 on .5 to 359 on .6 and this number is still half what he originally wanted me to get to. I have an appt with a new Dr. but not for a month still. I called back my doc and said I disagreed with what he was saying and said they should re-evaluate this dose. I did dose .6 last Monday but then added another .3 on Friday. I felt much better over the weekend as opposed to previous weeks. That seems closer to where I should be. Awtg their call back on this and not sure what to dose today. Maybe do the same as last week and starting pinning twice a week.

Time for a new Doctor.

Hazcat

Hazcat

Jan 2, 2011
Make sure you use an endocrinologist and not a family/general physician. This will help tremendously. I'd look for an endo who looks jacked to the max.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic