Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

New Tax 2023

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I love the feeling I get making my estimated quarterly tax payments, knowing I am contributing to a fiscally and morally responsible government that has all of its citizens' best interests at heart without the distractions of social and climate justice.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Already feeling the pain of local taxes. Just had to pay personal property tax that increased 31% from 2021, despite the fact all my personal property should have depreciated in value.

Bring on those federal taxes. I hate the fact they tax the shit out of my military retirement. Far worse than standard pay. Good thing the state doesn't tax it.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
It's all for a good cause though. Biden will make good use of the money to help fight against global warming, white supremacy, abortions, and it will help aid Ukraine, reparations for African Americans, and help pay for welfare to those in need. I will also be happy that it will not be used toward our borders because it is inhumane for us to not allow people to enjoy our country freely like Americans do. I hope a lot of our money goes to other countries to help identify and fix the root cause. Finally, it would be great if it were to also help pay for all college tuitions and free healthcare for everybody in the world, as we need to take care of others before ourselves.

Newsom does it and we have a great state out here, so I want to see it implemented on a larger scale. I know Biden can do this for us when we pay our taxes.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Already feeling the pain of local taxes. Just had to pay personal property tax that increased 31% from 2021, despite the fact all my personal property should have depreciated in value.

Bring on those federal taxes. I hate the fact they tax the shit out of my military retirement. Far worse than standard pay. Good thing the state doesn't tax it.
Get that DV % up to 100 and say goodbye to property taxes if you live in one of the right states. If not it's a good reason to move. Florida weather is awful nice right now... AND no state taxes, just sayin

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
FB_IMG_1596451508469.jpg

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
My ex-girlfriend lives in Fort Lauderdale. Been down there a few times this past year. Who knows? I may end up there, but that place was such an odd mix of wealth and chaos. I didn't necessarily feel threatened but felt like things were right on the fringe of going down at any moment. The interstate was insanity. No enforcement whatsoever, people driving with lights off in dark, truly wreckless speeding etc. I'd still live there, though. Always saw myself on the coast in a diaper in my final years.

• Haha
Reactions: CFM
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Get that DV % up to 100 and say goodbye to property taxes if you live in one of the right states. If not it's a good reason to move. Florida weather is awful nice right now... AND no state taxes, just sayin
I am 100% T&P, but they also factor in my income. At the rank and years of service I retired at, I am over the threshold in annual income for my state to waive my personal property tax. They do not waive property tax for anyone, but this doesn't concern me, since my state the property tax is very low compared to most of the nation.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022

We have a proposition on property tax where it's set to 1.25% of the purchase price. I bought my house at the end of the 2008 market dump. I knew the shit selling before 2008 was way over priced. Shitty old houses where selling for 800k. Fuck that. After 2008 was the time to buy. 2009-2012 was a golden time to buy. I was able to get my house for a third of what they were selling for. It started to go up 100K after 2014, then another 100k, and now these fucken houses are ass inflated to 2006-2007 prices.

I am not sure why it hasnt gone down back to those prices yet. That is the time to buy again when the market is at it's shittiest levels. This one reason why I will never sell my house. It's retirement affordable. I pay less for a mortgage + property taxes than what people pay for a shitty apartment. Dumb asses where I live have teslas yet sitting in an apartment. I rather have a piece of shit car and have a bad ass pad then have a bad ass car living in a rental.

The other increase in taxes is what devlaueing our purchasing power. We have less purchasing power as these libtards continue to find ways to add a tax to everything possible. Look at what ebay and these technocrats are doing. If someone sells more than $600 on ebay it is reported as taxable income.

Meanwhile the queer billionaires pay nothing. Who pays most of the taxes? The working class. It's fucked.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
We have a proposition on property tax where it's set to 1.25% of the purchase price. I bought my house at the end of the 2008 market dump. I knew the shit selling before 2008 was way over priced. Shitty old houses where selling for 800k. Fuck that. After 2008 was the time to buy. 2009-2012 was a golden time to buy. I was able to get my house for a third of what they were selling for. It started to go up 100K after 2014, then another 100k, and now these fucken houses are ass inflated to 2006-2007 prices.

I am not sure why it hasnt gone down back to those prices yet. That is the time to buy again when the market is at it's shittiest levels. This one reason why I will never sell my house. It's retirement affordable. I pay less for a mortgage + property taxes than what people pay for a shitty apartment. Dumb asses where I live have teslas yet sitting in an apartment. I rather have a piece of shit car and have a bad ass pad then have a bad ass car living in a rental.

The other increase in taxes is what devlaueing our purchasing power. We have less purchasing power as these libtards continue to find ways to add a tax to everything possible. Look at what ebay and these technocrats are doing. If someone sells more than $600 on ebay it is reported as taxable income.

Meanwhile the queer billionaires pay nothing. Who pays most of the taxes? The working class. It's fucked.
Our property tax is not a problem here in Missouri. It is personal property tax that is the rip off, i.e. vehicles, trailers, motorcycles, boats, livestock, atvs, etc... Sure you go down and register your vehicles and it is really cheap compared to most states, but at the end of every year you have to pay taxes on your personal property. On your vehicles it is straight NADA value with no mileage added, which really sucks. You could put 100,000 miles on your vehicle and watch the resale value drop 50%, but according to NADA if you do not add those miles last year the value of your vehicle increased by around 30%.

It gets even better. If you have over 5 acres of land an assessor actually comes to your residence to assess your personal property. I have to hide my chickens and goats, when I had them, or I am forced to pay taxes on them as well. Even if the eggs and milk they produce is only consumed by me. If you put up a little portable shed to house your lawn mower they will add it as an outbuilding to your taxes.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Wtf? How many states do that? So you can have your car paid off free and clear, and you pay (personal) property taxes on it every damn year?

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Property tax of 1.25% isn't unusual, it's what we pay. However, that is enough to keep us from buying any additional properties in California because we can't stomach the idea of paying $10K/year on a property bought at $800k. All our properties are assessed well below market due to Prop 13. $10K/year on a rental property means $833/month of the rent charged is going to property tax. That's as much as people in many states pay for monthly rent.

That having been said.....we pay little to no income taxes each year as the write-offs for rental properties are numerous. Shouldn't be that way, but it is. It really is an unfair system.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic