Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

New Study

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Abraham Morgentaler, an associate clinical professor of urology at Harvard Medical School, says it's possible that the men's heart attacks in this study were caused by their underlying medical problems, not by testosterone. He notes that most heart attacks occurred in the first 90 days after a prescription was written. It's unlikely that heart attacks could develop in such a short period of time, he says.

^^^^This makes more sense. I've always felt guys get HRT are in bad shape to begin with , start getting all this 'new' energy and the side benefit ..Ole woodie start playin hide the wienie too much and ka boom.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Abraham Morgentaler, an associate clinical professor of urology at Harvard Medical School, says it's possible that the men's heart attacks in this study were caused by their underlying medical problems, not by testosterone. He notes that most heart attacks occurred in the first 90 days after a prescription was written. It's unlikely that heart attacks could develop in such a short period of time, he says.

^^^^This makes more sense. I've always felt guys get HRT are in bad shape to begin with , start getting all this 'new' energy and the side benefit ..Ole woodie start playin hide the wienie too much and ka boom.
Could be, never thought about that before. These dudes probably died while getting a BJ for the first time in 20 years.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Numbers and percentages can be skewed either way, im not buying it. Call me crazy but I think big pharma or FDA is realizing the benefits of testosterone and is worried about it effecting their profits, so then these studies are done and then released. Remember people, if it makes you feel good, increases quality of life, makes you healthy, then it must be bad.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Abraham Morgentaler, an associate clinical professor of urology at Harvard Medical School, says it's possible that the men's heart attacks in this study were caused by their underlying medical problems, not by testosterone. He notes that most heart attacks occurred in the first 90 days after a prescription was written. //QUOTE]

That is the crux of the biscuit.

USA Today fact checkers should have been all over that steaming pile of factoid when the lack of meaningful correlation was totally apparent.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Numbers and percentages can be skewed either way, im not buying it. Call me crazy but I think big pharma or FDA is realizing the benefits of testosterone and is worried about it effecting their profits, so then these studies are done and then released. Remember people, if it makes you feel good, increases quality of life, makes you healthy, then it must be bad.

Stuff that makes you healthy cuts into profits, gotta agree. Raiden.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The thing that jumped out at me was when it ended with "with a history of heart disease". In other words, people that were at high risk of having a heart attack, were more likely to have a heart attack.

I have been reading and having a converstion with a guy over on WCBB, Glycoman, who is also a mod over there. He's really been trying to reach out the community about safe use. I am really starting to see his views though. Although I think steroids are safer than the media and government wants us to believe, I also think we are desensitized to their long term sides as well. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, increased RBCs, potential kidney and liver damage etc. Most people don't even have their blood work done to make sure all of these things are in normal limits. When we have a family history of issues, and/or past medical history that would put us at higher risk, we still aren't taking precautions either.

That last thing should always be a concern. If you're at risk for any of that stuff, you're at risk of death secondary to steroid use.

On a final note, I would argue that 90 day thing as well, unless that was only a few cases and their PMH looked really bad.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Abraham Morgentaler, an associate clinical professor of urology at Harvard Medical School, says it's possible that the men's heart attacks in this study were caused by their underlying medical problems, not by testosterone. He notes that most heart attacks occurred in the first 90 days after a prescription was written. //QUOTE]

That is the crux of the biscuit.

USA Today fact checkers should have been all over that steaming pile of factoid when the lack of meaningful correlation was totally apparent.

Yea, He pretty much sunk their Battleship with that little fact.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Could be, never thought about that before. These dudes probably died while getting a BJ for the first time in 20 years.

Lolol , the mental image...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic