RalfKelleh
What's New?

New protein for you

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I don’t know how I feel about this. On one hand I’m thinking it could be an awesome protein powder and maybe making us grow like crazy. On the other hand, these are disgusting bugs that make me want to vomit when I see them. So the thought of consuming them are giving me the creepy crawler gross vibes. They already knocked out of the park impossible chicken nuggets, I don’t want Beatle nuggets and sausage!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Dante told me that when True Nutrition had their cricket protein, it was disgusting, gritty, and they could not even get rid of it (not in those exact words, but close, he said it was bad). I would imagine this would apply for most all bugs. I mean, i'm sure some yippy cross-trainer who has been into holistic nutrition for about 3 months will pop up out of nowhere and be like "you are wrong, [enter bug] is great and it is a delicacy in {enter small or large country}." I mean....i'm not in survival mode, but feel free eating bugs, lol.

If they made one that tasted good, like for real, with no gritty or earthy taste to it, then i'd buy it. The cricket protein at TN was actually a lot MORE expensive than other options. That might be fine for some 105-120# woman or sissy man, who only needs 100-120g of protein, but it's a rip-off for real men with actual muscle, and who are active.

Most of this bug protein stuff is to fit a GND agenda and to demonize beef and most animal proteins.

For my last point, i'm all for both, let the consumer decide, and if it's profitable for the seller then so be it, but i'm not for this GND crap where coming up with bug proteins is the only solution to save humanity. They sure do make the future sound gloomy and doomy...but they'll have their own beef and daitry and livestock up the ying-yang......because they are elite, and they are in a special category that is better than all of us.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
So, would I be correct to assume you guys have no interest in protein powder, nuggets, or after dinner mints made from these tasty little morsels?

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
I think I'll become the Cricket-King!!! New social media personality...

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
I just switched to quinoa powder how ever it’s spelled likening the taste and big poops

• Haha
Reactions: CFM
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Dante told me that when True Nutrition had their cricket protein, it was disgusting, gritty, and they could not even get rid of it (not in those exact words, but close, he said it was bad). I would imagine this would apply for most all bugs. I mean, i'm sure some yippy cross-trainer who has been into holistic nutrition for about 3 months will pop up out of nowhere and be like "you are wrong, [enter bug] is great and it is a delicacy in {enter small or large country}." I mean....i'm not in survival mode, but feel free eating bugs, lol.

If they made one that tasted good, like for real, with no gritty or earthy taste to it, then i'd buy it. The cricket protein at TN was actually a lot MORE expensive than other options. That might be fine for some 105-120# woman or sissy man, who only needs 100-120g of protein, but it's a rip-off for real men with actual muscle, and who are active.

Most of this bug protein stuff is to fit a GND agenda and to demonize beef and most animal proteins.

For my last point, i'm all for both, let the consumer decide, and if it's profitable for the seller then so be it, but i'm not for this GND crap where coming up with bug proteins is the only solution to save humanity. They sure do make the future sound gloomy and doomy...but they'll have their own beef and daitry and livestock up the ying-yang......because they are elite, and they are in a special category that is better than all of us.
Ants are really the only ones I have tried where I was like, this actually tastes good. Not sure how they would taste in a powder form, but just ripping their heads off and eating them is pretty good.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Ants are really the only ones I have tried where I was like, this actually tastes good. Not sure how they would taste in a powder form, but just ripping their heads off and eating them is pretty good.
I think i've seen a lot of the people on these survival shows say the same thing about ants.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I will shoot the unsuspecting city deer off my back deck before I eat a beetle sandwich.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I'll stick to the whey powders. They would have to become the protein staple in every one of my meals.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic