Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

New NPC Division: Women's Physique (WPD)

Mike Singletary

Mike Singletary

Sep 8, 2010
WOMENS PHYSIQUE
DEFINITION:
WOMEN’S PHYSIQUE DIVISION (HERIN REFERRED TO AS “WP”) HAS BEEN CREATED TO GIVE A PLATFORM FOR WOMEN WHO ENJOY WEIGHT TRAINING, COMPETING, CONTEST PREPERATION. COMPETITORS SHOULD DISPLAY A TONED, ATHLETIC PHYSIQUE SHOWCASING FEMININITY, MUSCLE TONE, BEAUTY/FLOW OF PHYSIQUE.
JUDGING CRITERIA:
WP WILL BE JUDGED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
* SYMMETRY, SHAPE, PROPORTION, MUSCLE TONE, POISE AND BEAUTY FLOW

*PHYSIQUE ASSESSMENT AND COMPARISON WILL TAKE PLACE DURING PREJUDGING
PHYSIQUE SHOULD DISPLAY ALL OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA WITHOUT COMPROMISING FEMININITY, BEAUTY/FLOW OF PHYSIQUE, ETC.
THE FOLLOWING ARE EXAMPLES OF COMMON TERMS USED IN THE BODYBUILDING INDUSTRY. THESE WORDS CAN BE HELPFUL TO ASSESS WHAT SHOULD NOT BE DESCRIPTIVE TO THE PHYSIQUES BEING JUDGED IN WP:
EX.) RIPPED, SHREDDED, PEELED, STRIATED, DRY, DICED, HARD, VASCULAR, GRAINY, MASSIVE, THICK, DENSE, ETC.
WHILE ALL TYPES OF PHYSIQUES WILL BE CONSIDERED WHEN IT COMES TO HEIGHT, WEIGHT, STRUCTURE, ETC. EXCESSIVE MUSCULARITY SHOULD BE SCORED DOWN ACCORDINGLY.
WP SHOULD BE JUDGED AS A STANDARD BETWEEN WOMEN’S FIGURE AND WOMENS BODYBUILDING.
JUDGING FORMAT:
PREJUDGING
INDIVIDUAL ONE MINUTE ROUTINE WITH 10 SECOND WARNING
QUARTER TURNS
MANDATORY POSING COMPARISONS/ CALLOUTS
FINALS
INDIVIDUAL POSING ROUTINE
AWARDS
Who qualifies for IFBB Professional League status – at Junior USA and Junior Nationals the top two (2) qualify for IFBB Professional League status, at all other National events including Team Universe, USA, IFBB North American and Nationals, the top three (3) will qualify for IFBB Professional League status. The NPC wants to set the standard for 2011 at the Junior Events and therefore only qualifying the top two (2).
RULES

*SUITS WORN BY WP COMPETITORS FOR PREJUDGING MUST BE A TWO PIECE. SUITS DO NOT HAVE TO BE SOLID IN COLOR. THE BOTTOM OF THE SUIT MUST BE V-SHAPED. NO THONGS ARE PERMITTED. COMPETITORS CAN COMPETE IN AN OFF THE RACK SUIT. ALL SUITS MUST BE IN GOOD TASTE.
*MANDATOTY POSES WILL BE PERFORMED WITH OPEN HAND STYLE AND INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING POSES:
FRONT DOUBLE BICEPS/OPEN HANDS (NO FLAT FOOTED FULL FRONT POSE – SOME SORT OF FRONT TWISTING POSE)
BACK DOUBLE BICEPS/OPEN HANDS
SIDE TRICEP WITH LEG EXTENDED
SIDE CHEST WITH ARMS EXTENDED
FRONT AB/THIGH
*FINALS ROUTINE WILL BE MAXIMUM 90 SECONDS IN LENGTH, PERFORMED TO MUSIC OF ATHLETES CHOICE ADHERING TO RULES SET FORTH BY THE NPC.
MUSIC CONTAINING PROFANITY OR EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED AND MAY RESULT IN ROUTINE BEING CUT SHORT.
*NO PROPS WILL BE USED.
*NO HEELS MAY BE WORN AT ANY TIME DURING THE COMPETITON/JUDGING OF WP.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
my wife is looking forward to this. She competes but does not want to take the next step and with this she will fit right in.

scarl3tbutt3rfly

scarl3tbutt3rfly

TID Lady Member
Feb 25, 2011
This is a division I may look at doing next year or in the next couple when I get enough size for it. At this point I decided to stick with figure as I don't think I quite have the size for it yet! It looks like alot of fun!!

dryvrgrl

dryvrgrl

TID Lady Member
Sep 20, 2011
i was at the north americans a few weeks back and was disapointed in physique.. the level of conditioning was NOT where I felt it should be... i felt like i was watching a natty bb show.. if jiggle in the butt is what they are looking for and no bicep peak, then im already too muscular for this class.. hopefully Canada will judge bigger and tighter than the usa...

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
i was at the north americans a few weeks back and was disapointed in physique.. the level of conditioning was NOT where I felt it should be... i felt like i was watching a natty bb show.. if jiggle in the butt is what they are looking for and no bicep peak, then im already too muscular for this class.. hopefully Canada will judge bigger and tighter than the usa...

Its frustrating as hell, coming from a long time on the BB side, watching this as all the other categories get softer and softer. However, it is only in its first trial year. The general trend for all the new categories as they start is to tend towards harder as the competition gets stepped up. To that end I think they had to start off softer so it doesn't dive straight into the ripped-up-shredded look. I also think you're going to see a leaning towards more muscle maturity and conditioning as more of the pro level competitors are able to cross over into the pro level of this category. And yes, the Canadians always bring a higher level of conditioning, which personally I love. I think we'll see it head towards what you'd like to see. I personally don't have any interest in seeing jacked up figure girls as I had better bi peaks than most of them the first time I stepped on stage more than 10 yrs ago. Hopefully we'll see this turn into a great category as it matures!

dryvrgrl

dryvrgrl

TID Lady Member
Sep 20, 2011
Its frustrating as hell, coming from a long time on the BB side, watching this as all the other categories get softer and softer. However, it is only in its first trial year. The general trend for all the new categories as they start is to tend towards harder as the competition gets stepped up. To that end I think they had to start off softer so it doesn't dive straight into the ripped-up-shredded look. I also think you're going to see a leaning towards more muscle maturity and conditioning as more of the pro level competitors are able to cross over into the pro level of this category. And yes, the Canadians always bring a higher level of conditioning, which personally I love. I think we'll see it head towards what you'd like to see. I personally don't have any interest in seeing jacked up figure girls as I had better bi peaks than most of them the first time I stepped on stage more than 10 yrs ago. Hopefully we'll see this turn into a great category as it matures!

i like you already!!
xo

cheddar cheese

cheddar cheese

TID Lady Member
Aug 29, 2011
It's a great category for me but I have to add that I hate the posing.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
It's a great category for me but I have to add that I hate the posing.

You mean having to do posing vs quarter turns, or specifically the "feminine" version of BB poses?

FOr myself, assuming I can downsize enough and still stay interested, I alway s like to explore any type of physique presentation (that is more engaging than qtr turns). But that said, there's nothing that says you can't throw in a Mike Mentzer-inspired most muscular in your posing routine! :cP

cheddar cheese

cheddar cheese

TID Lady Member
Aug 29, 2011
Not a fan of the side chest pose, wish it was more clear on what they were looking for, I've been seeing so many variations, but that will come with time I guess. FDB open hand is ok.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011

We're you there for the trophies? That was me handing them out!

http://www.theironden.com/maryse-manios-ifbb-pro-bodybuilder-profile/

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
Ok I seem stuck on stupid here and im just not seeing a clearly defined seperation to each of the different categories available. Its probably there but Im just not understanding it. I know each category is slightly higher/lower then the other categories in bf but not sure of anything other then that. If BF is the determining factor can someone provide a general example of the bf ranges for each of the catgories? Thanks

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
hey we have been up and down with employment for the last 3 years, I am not sure how we held it together... but wtf we are still here and going strong with things on the up and up better than I could have ever imagined... shit happens ,,,,, but for a reason

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic