Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

New member from Florida

ttyndall

ttyndall

Nov 15, 2022
I just joined and live in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida which is the South end of Jacksonville Beach.
I Have worked out off and on but none to the level of some members I see here. Unfortunately I had my left Rotator Cuff operated on 4 years ago and never healed properly.
After two more years of pain went to a different surgeon, Head Physician for the Jacksonville Jaguars, and got scanned and informed the work done previously did not hold
and needed to be redone. However, they were not operating at the time due to the Virus. Finally got the call and had the operation. Finished therapy last December but from
being gun shy I did not start any decent lifting until this Summer. I go to the YMCA and not a GYM so do not have some of the facilities you guys and gals have.
Goal is to lose 10 pounds and want to add the same amount of muscle mass. After that reevaluate. With my current workout and meals I am at a standstill. I have lost 10 pounds
but that is where it stopped. Still want another 10.
Supposed to meet with my Doctor the end of next week about TRT treatment. Have a lot of questions on that but will post them in the TRT sub forum.
I will post a picture if it helps and if it is enough where someone can give me a rough estimate of my body Fat I would appreciate it.
I am a Male and have been eating about 2200 calories per day with 200 grams of protein. Have not watched carbs or fat.
Clean diet except for the 2 to 2 ½ glasses of wine each night. EVERYONE knows the Internet says wine is good for you.
5’ 7”
199 lbs. with nothing on
76 Years Old... Ouch… :eek: That hurt. But not as much as looking at my picture. I thought I was in better shape. Must have been the Mirror. :)
I have been watching the forum for a month or two and searching but it is time to start asking direct questions as I proceed. Look forward to being here.
Ted

Photos2.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Ted ... great Intro post. The Intro's we sometimes see that only say, "Hi, I'm new here" don't always lead to helpful replies.

Lots of experience here, very few posters who are young enough to know it all and eager to share that with their elders, and tons of mistakes-made-and-mistakes-learned-from anecdotes. A good amount of discussion about doctors good and bad, and surgeries good and worse.

The more you read around on this board, the more you'll feel at home.

Welcome, Ted.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Welcome to the Den man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttyndall

ttyndall

Nov 15, 2022
rawdeal and IronSoul, thanks for the welcome. I did not realize how many pictures I was missing until I registered.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Welcome aboard, Ted. There's a ton of knowledge on the board. You'll get lots of good feedback.

76? No worries. I occasionally lift with a buddy who's in his mid 80's and going strong. He just keeps his lifting form nice and safe.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Welcome!

Don't worry about working out at the Y. I worked out at the Y for a while when I lived in NE and we had half a dozen guys in there who could bench 500+ lbs and squat and deadlift 700+ lbs. They have everything you need to get the job done.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
Great intro bud. Welcome yo the Den!

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Welcome to TID! Where you train is not a important and the fact you are back at it. Hell, I trained at that purple place for years. While the dumbells didn't go that high, there were several guys there that we trained hard and the employees let us. I'm in FL as well. other coast though. and I'm getting close to 62 and still hitting it. SO you are not alone and glad you made it!

ttyndall

ttyndall

Nov 15, 2022
Friggemall, If you are referring to the Y when you say the purple place, ya'll are way above my past levels. Our dumbbells go to 100 lbs. I'm using 60's for bench press but nowhere near the 100's.
Thanks for the welcome from everyone.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic