Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

New here and looking forward to learning all I can!

M

macOmac

Oct 20, 2022
I have been out of the gym since the end of May due to a hernia surgery. I've started back just recently but am so afraid of hurting myself again. Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome to TID @macOmac . Should be a few guys here who have had the same that can help you.

M

macOmac

Oct 20, 2022
I figured this would be the place to get helpful info.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Start with very low weights to gage your ability. Use like 5lbs to start and when your able to get12+ reps move up to the next weight available. If your gym has 7.5 use that. If the next jump is 10 then try it out and see how it feels. If you get injury pain stop and go back to 5's and up the reps. Starting out very conservative will assure reinjuring your self. Don't let your male ego get the best of you and ruin your recovery. I was told my left shoulder would be 100% in 3 months but it actually took 3 yrs. for full recovery. Now my rt. shoulder is acting up in a similar way so here we go again.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I have been out of the gym since the end of May due to a hernia surgery. I've started back just recently but am so afraid of hurting myself again. Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Hey Mac welcome!

typical hernia post surgery protocol is typical 6 - 8 weeks with no lifting. You should have the green light to train by now.

Good luck!

M

macOmac

Oct 20, 2022
Hey Mac welcome!

typical hernia post surgery protocol is typical 6 - 8 weeks with no lifting. You should have the green light to train by now.

Good luck!
I've been lifting again I'm just so worried about hurting myself again.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
i is 64ish, i had one a year ago and it was a friggin night mare for all kinds of reasons

for me the 6-8 was just the begininning.....ditton searay

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Welcome! I would try working with bands to ease back into it. They are perfect for providing low resistance when you are most vulnerable and increasing resistance when your body is in a better position to handle the weight.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
Welcome to TID.

I've had inguinal hernia surgery and my best advice would be to take it slow. I was eager to get back in the gym, but I could tell I needed to ease back into it. Start with light weights and work on volume. It took me months before I was comfortable with my core and started pushing it a little. The last thing I wanted to do was re-injure it and have to go through all of that again. Just take it easy. If it feels like it may be too much, then it probably is.

M

macOmac

Oct 20, 2022
Welcome to TID.

I've had inguinal hernia surgery and my best advice would be to take it slow. I was eager to get back in the gym, but I could tell I needed to ease back into it. Start with light weights and work on volume. It took me months before I was comfortable with my core and started pushing it a little. The last thing I wanted to do was re-injure it and have to go through all of that again. Just take it easy. If it feels like it may be too much, then it probably is.
Thats how it been so far. I'm working low and slow doing core body weight stuff.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic