Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

New Car choices?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
If you had to buy a new car now what would you buy? My past cars were a dodge charger rt with road track packages and had about 8000 put in in tuning cold air induction custom exhaust and cats. Truck ran a light and totalled it in 2019. Next car was 2019 kia stinger gts gets totalled same way.
Wife has ford explorer sport. Can't seem to get my mind off of higher performance cars. Previous to my charger had 2 Pontiac grand prix tuned. I had a 68 Pontiac firebird and 79 Trans am Previous in my life.
Was looking at police chargers but they seem to be a mixed bag of unknowns based on use and abuse. Found a 2015 on with less than 50 k on the clock.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I bought a 2021 Trackhawk last year. Has 707hp with launch control.. :)
They aren't making them anymore, so that is one of the reasons I bought it. I was told by the dealer, but I already knew that I could sell it right now and get $15K more than what I paid for it. But Dodge is supposedly getting rid of the Hemi, and going to
V6 twin turbo/Electric motor for their future high performance cars.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'm an Infiniti fan, Sport 400 or a 2019 Q70, think this was the last year.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Well we know which movie @Lizard King likes
s-l400.jpg

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
Wife has the 2022 Kia Telluride, she loves it you get alot of bells and whistles for the price ton of safety features. I drive it once in awhile awesome ride!!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
That is a tough one...and hard to answer without knowing goals. But generally I am not a fan of buying new. I'd rather buy a 2-3 year old car that has already taken the hit depreciation wise. But when you factor in certain incentives and financing, there are times it can make sense.

As a rule, I dont finance cars, but understand that everyone is different in how they approach depreciating assets. I do buy some cars as investments, but that is on the 'play' side of things.

I recently had to replace my wifes car that got totaled, and decided to buy a Model X Tesla. I really like it and we still have another SUV to use but you could have it by all means as your 'primary' car. It has enough range and there are so many tesla superchargers. Really enjoying having it. Did not get the "Plaid" version, but the dual motor has equiv of 680hp and I beat my buddies Carrera Gt on the roll by about 3 car lengths. With gas prices being what they are, it is also nice.

Anyway, sucks to say, but crappy time right now to have to buy a car. Not sure what your usage is, but happy as hell with the Tesla. To replace her car we considered the Telluride. Fantastic car. The model x was kind of a splurge with it's used cost being almost 2 Tellurides. Just always wanted to own one. But I would vote Telluride any day. We still have a Kia sorrento which we have kept as our soccer/travel car and has 125k miles and runs perfectly. I am a big KIA fan.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
If you had to buy a new car now what would you buy? My past cars were a dodge charger rt with road track packages and had about 8000 put in in tuning cold air induction custom exhaust and cats. Truck ran a light and totalled it in 2019. Next car was 2019 kia stinger gts gets totalled same way.
Wife has ford explorer sport. Can't seem to get my mind off of higher performance cars. Previous to my charger had 2 Pontiac grand prix tuned. I had a 68 Pontiac firebird and 79 Trans am Previous in my life.
Was looking at police chargers but they seem to be a mixed bag of unknowns based on use and abuse. Found a 2015 on with less than 50 k on the clock.

I don't know if you like trucks. But since I purchased my first Ram I'll never go back to cars. I love my truck. 390 HP. 0-60 in six and half seconds. Handles like a sports car. Downside is the mileage. The way I drive it gets about 11 MPG. It has all the amenities.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I went with the 2022 Traverse instead of the Telluride, liked it better but peraonal preference of course. Got tye RS blacked out. Only thing I didn't like was no programmable seats, that cost $10K more which is just dumb.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Just bought a new Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Hard Top. Like all Jeeps the tops and doors come off. Black on Black, all leather. Fully loaded. 35 inch tires.Its my wife's ride.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
My sister-in-law just bought the new Kia EV6 RWD WIND , with Tech. Their new electric vehicle. I gotta say that thing is absolutely badass. Hers is Glacier with white Interior. Super impressed with it.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Just bought a new Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Hard Top. Like all Jeeps the tops and doors come off. Black on Black, all leather. Fully loaded. 35 inch tires.Its my wife's ride.
One of my clients just bought one they are cool AF

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic