Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

New but old, back to the gym

JacktheCat

JacktheCat

Jun 12, 2019
Hey

Lifted for about 15 years and got bored so did other things for fitness for a few years and now I'm ready to get back into it and wanted to plug back in. Did a few cycles back in the day and need to re-educate myself to see if it's something I want to mess with. Glad to be here!

...and yes, I am a Cat

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Welcome to TID. Good luck to you on getting back to lifting!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Looks like a dog in the avi, but a cat it is, lol
Welcome to TID

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Hey, welcome yes things have changed some:)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Since you're brand new, you would have no way yet of knowing just how many comeback kids we have here, with the word "old" appearing often. You will fit right in. There is lots already here in the Forums for you to read and re-educate; when that still leaves questions . . . ask. Many here who have come before you have answers.

Welcome.

JacktheCat

JacktheCat

Jun 12, 2019
Thanks for the welcomes, looking forward to it!

Cheers

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Have blood work done before you start any shenanigans. If you are over 50 keep up on your blood work E8W. Welcome back.

JacktheCat

JacktheCat

Jun 12, 2019
Yep that's what I'm going to do because right now, I know my test is low so I want to get tested. I'm not sure if I can get what I want from a hormone doc (endocrinologist) but we shall see. Someone else suggested E8W too so I guess that's what I'll do. Not in a hurry.
Thanks!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Assuming the E8W in this case refers to either getting blood work done every 8 weeks to see how trt or cycling affects you in various ways OR to the usual Red Cross guidelines for how often you can donate blood. One possible side effect of messing with hormones can be thickening of the blood, and regular donations can be one fix for that. There are plenty of random discussions on that here, or, again, ask questions.

If for whatever reason you have trouble hooking up with a Doc you wanna stay with, there are a few places online where you can order labs from their lengthy menus. This is perfectly legal unless you live in one of the 5(?) states that do not permit this ( they are listed on the websites). The advantage is the convenience of getting exactly what YOU want, privately. The disadvantage is you pay out-of-pocket ...... insurance does not get involved if you do it this way.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Welcome to the Den!! Stay a while and read the past threads.... lots of info there.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic