Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

New all time WR Deadlift by Yuriy Belkin 418 kg ( 921.5lb ) at 100kg ( 220 lb )

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012

This is being touted as RAW and beltless !!! So far I'm not completely certain of his bodyweight also

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
This is just Crazy.... One of the most impressive Deadlifts

Body weight was 223lbs..

This is only 181 lbs under the Massive 400lbs Eddie Hall Strongman Pull.

Strongman Briefs, Belt, Straps....This kid not even a Belt was worn.

Eddie's 1102lb Deadlift is Damn impressive, but to me.. This kids pull was more impressive.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's very impressive but lemme see him pull that conventional and not sumo.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
This is just Crazy.... One of the most impressive Deadlifts

Body weight was 223lbs..

This is only 181 lbs under the Massive 400lbs Eddie Hall Strongman Pull.

Strongman Briefs, Belt, Straps....This kid not even a Belt was worn.

Eddie's 1102lb Deadlift is Damn impressive, but to me.. This kids pull was more impressive.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the heaviest Sumo Deadlift ever pulled, regardless of geared or raw....EVER...and he did it beltless @ 223 BW...I agree, hard not to compare it to Eddie's pull and at least argue whether it belongs in the same conversation...

It's very impressive but lemme see him pull that conventional and not sumo.

for sake of a good ol fashioned debate, would you have been more impressed if he pulled this in a suit, with straps and was allowed to hitch, all while remaining in a conventional stance?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Are Strongman allowed to Pull Sumo?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Unless I'm mistaken, this is the heaviest Sumo Deadlift ever pulled, regardless of geared or raw....EVER...and he did it beltless @ 223 BW...I agree, hard not to compare it to Eddie's pull and at least argue whether it belongs in the same conversation...

for sake of a good ol fashioned debate, would you have been more impressed if he pulled this in a suit, with straps and was allowed to hitch, all while remaining in a conventional stance?

That may be the heaviest but was that in a full meet? Coan pulled his 903 in a full meet and barely missed 920, I believe, in that meet.

And to answer your question... yes, I would be more impressed with him pulling it conventional even if it meant he wore a suit with straps and hitched the weight at the end. The hitch wasn't horribly bad in Eddie's pull.

IMHO the absolutely most impressive pull was KK's 939 at 275 beltless and wait for it..... conventional too.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
That may be the heaviest but was that in a full meet? Coan pulled his 903 in a full meet and barely missed 920, I believe, in that meet.

And to answer your question... yes, I would be more impressed with him pulling it conventional even if it meant he wore a suit with straps and hitched the weight at the end. The hitch wasn't horribly bad in Eddie's pull.

IMHO the absolutely most impressive pull was KK's 939 at 275 beltless and wait for it..... conventional too.

I only ask, because I somewhat agree...especially with Coan's 901, on a stiff bar no less, and I'm pretty sure a 2 hr weigh in...

and Eddie's hitch was almost non existent...let alone who cares, did you see the speed off the floor?

but I'd argue Gant's 5x BW deadlift as the most impressive ever....and yes it was conventional as well...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
......but I'd argue Gant's 5x BW deadlift as the most impressive ever....and yes it was conventional as well...

Are you talking about Lamar Gant's 672 @ 132?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Eddie's hitch was very small.. Of all the Strongman's I have seen up over 1000's. Eddie is by far the Smoothest..

Gant was a Freak. He was literally Born to Deadlift. With is Scoliosis and long arms..

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Unless I'm mistaken, this is the heaviest Sumo Deadlift ever pulled, regardless of geared or raw....EVER...and he did it beltless @ 223 BW..

Correct..... My teammate held the previous record with a 910 sumo pull in a full meet at 308. This guy is a stud to pull 920+ as a very light 242.

As for everyone "not being impressed"..... I would be more impressed if pro football lineman did cartwheels the whole way down the field with the ball but that's not what that sport is about, is it? I'd be more impressed with someone winning the Indy 500 in a smart car, but that's not what that sport is about, is it?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic