Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

never thought I'd get here again, 300kg deadlift, delighted!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Big lift.

Time to address your back weaknesses and technique issues..... you CAN go pretty far with crap form but eventually you'll hit a ceiling. Take a step back and address your weaknesses so you can push past this.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
Big lift.

Time to address your back weaknesses and technique issues..... you CAN go pretty far with crap form but eventually you'll hit a ceiling. Take a step back and address your weaknesses so you can push past this.

are you saying to try not to round so much on the heavy maxes?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
are you saying to try not to round so much on the heavy maxes?

I would assume that's what he is saying. Some heavy good mornings and weighted Hypers would do you good.

Also ditch the straps. In the suit they make it hard to get into position. When i pull I set the hips back then go down to the bar. With straps you are forced to set up backwards.

C

caveman

Apr 17, 2013
oh I know it went pretty bad on the 300, it does always on my heavy singles...I know people say its bad but KK does the same thing and says its optimal, and hes one of the best deadlifters around!
KK pulls with a rounded back, but maintains that position throughout the pull. That's not what you are doing. Your back rounds as the weight pulls you into that position, then arches as you lock it out. IMO, the key to healthy pulling is to maintain back position throughout the pull. That's not what you are doing. Be careful, bro. You are strong as an ox and it would suck to lose that because of another injury.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
KK pulls with a rounded upper back but look again at his lower back it's in a neutral position.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
KK pulls with a rounded back, but maintains that position throughout the pull. That's not what you are doing. Your back rounds as the weight pulls you into that position, then arches as you lock it out. IMO, the key to healthy pulling is to maintain back position throughout the pull. That's not what you are doing. Be careful, bro. You are strong as an ox and it would suck to lose that because of another injury.
That's the problem. I wouldn't want to see you attempting 320 like this as once you break inertia and the weight is a couple of inches off the floor you probably have a good chance of blowing your back out.

You are undoubtedly strong, so now you should probably drop the weight back for a while and work on your weak points like others have mentioned. All the best MF.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
That's what I love about this place. Everyone gives props and encourages to improve something without being jerks about it. I'm going to have my wife film my deads so you guys can tell me what you think I can do to improve.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
That's what I love about this place. Everyone gives props and encourages to improve something without being jerks about it. I'm going to have my wife film my deads so you guys can tell me what you think I can do to improve.
This place is how a forum should be, it's honestly the only board I have been a part of that has this type of educational/honest critique/non-wakerist interraction with its' members. I have learned a lot since joining up and I'm sure I will continue to ~ you're only ever as good as your last big lift :food-snacking:

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
FWIW I know my back does the same thing as the OP, any pulls up to the high 300's and I'm fine then as soon as I pull over 400 I have to work really hard to keep my shoulders back. I'm aware of it though, as well as being aware of the potential to injure myself because of it.

It's a work in progress I guess.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011

me too, genuinely thr best posters around on this board I dont get flamed for my crappy form haha, just good advice from experienced lifters.
Thanks a lot everyone, taking all these replies into account and will (try my best haha) to change accordingly!!

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
FWIW I know my back does the same thing as the OP, any pulls up to the high 300's and I'm fine then as soon as I pull over 400 I have to work really hard to keep my shoulders back. I'm aware of it though, as well as being aware of the potential to injure myself because of it.

It's a work in progress I guess.

you can pull over 400? :eek: who are you haha

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic