Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Needle size

T

Traork1

Sep 29, 2021
I'm trying to find out the best gauge of needle and length to use for injecting sustanon and tren into the glute? An info or opi ions would be greatly appreciated

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I'm trying to find out the best gauge of needle and length to use for injecting sustanon and tren into the glute? An info or opi ions would be greatly appreciated

I used a 25 X 1.5 for that. Never had any issues. I will say I've had some different oils that flow differently. When I've had thicker oils it's only meant I had to be more patient.

I'm a big baby though. I hate to go less than 25.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I used a 25 X 1.5 for that. Never had any issues. I will say I've had some different oils that flow differently. When I've had thicker oils it's only meant I had to be more patient.

I'm a big baby though. I hate to go less than 25.
This is what I do as well. I draw the oil from the vial using a 23g, and then inject with a 25g. For the first 15 years or so I always used a 1.5" needle, but I had some 1" needles that I didn't want to throw away, and they also seem to work just as well for a glute injection.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Have you tried ventrogluteal?

Much easier and less likely to feel pip, in my experience anyways.

1637743624214.png

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I prefer 1.5" 23 gauge for glutes. When I use 25 gauge I really have to press down hard on the plunger... I'd much rather use a larger gauge which allows the oil to flow quicker and smoother.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I prefer 1.5" 23 gauge for glutes. When I use 25 gauge I really have to press down hard on the plunger... I'd much rather use a larger gauge which allows the oil to flow quicker and smoother.

Glad to see somebody else on the boards say this. Other than slin pin size, 25g seems to be the common choice, but I can feel the difference pushing the plunger with a 23g or a 25g. I'm not after a faster injection, but I am after less needle shake when I use certain sites. Trying to minimize the inevitable scar tissue as I go on. I acknowledge tissue damage can vary with needle size OR with needle shake, but some of my shots can get pretty shaky with my old man shoulders ... gotta play to my advantages/disadvantages.

@Traork1 ... you asked about needle length too. I have used 1.5" but don't see the need unless you have some fat over the muscle you want the IM shot in. I don't do big shots, so I buy 3cc syringes with any length 21g pin attached to draw, then switch to a 23g 1" pin to inject.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic