Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Needing help with weight loss

plasticsoldier

plasticsoldier

Jun 6, 2014
Hi guys, I'm at the edge of being confident with the way I look.

I'm currently a 18 year old guy and I am suffering from being overweight. This weight problem has been with me since I was around 12 years old. And since then, I am getting fatter and fatter and at this point I cannot take it.

I am average height, I'd say around 5"8 or 5"9 and I weigh around 100 to 120kg's around the middle. I have stretch marks on my shoulders, sides and under my inclines or man boobs as I'm fat. I have tried many times to lose weight, I went to gym for about 3 months and saw some difference as I was losing weight but then the holidays came and I stopped going and gained more weight than I had lost. My brother is having financial issues so currently I cannot go to the gym, I will tell you, I'm very lazy, I get out of breathe quickly and I just don't like doing exercises.

But now I am willing to put my mind into this matter and lose the weight, my brother has plenty of weight loss pills that help you with strength so you can workout longer and there is many protein shake powders but I don't take them.

I'm still in school time but I am free every evening, I would like a way to lose weight reasonably fast, I will do as you guys say, but I cannot go to the gym sadly. I've explained why, above. I also easily get unmotivated, like I would be like I'm going to do exercises and I go for a few minutes and then stop. Like a sudden loss of motivation.

How can I battle this? I'm under stress and my mum isn't really helping by calling me rude things about me being overweight and such. I haven't had a girlfriend in 3 years, and I'm feeling like I'm losing my social life by getting fatter and fatter.

Please guys can you suggest the best ways I can lose weight? Even a few product suggestions or anything would be great, and also how can I motivate myself into not being lazy.

It would mean the world to me. Also my biggest fear is, will I have loose skin?

N

NewbieGuy

May 11, 2014
The problem is urself. If u not willing to do the work how do you expect to get the things that u desire ? U need to change and start to be serious. I cant help u about the nutrition and all other things because im still learning. Other members on the forum may help u about this. But i can tell u this,i used to be fat to. When i started to go to the gym people around me are fooling me around but i take their word as my motivation. Every person that talk shit about me are the drive that i need to keep motivate. Thats all.

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
Eat healthy and exercise. You have to make it a lifestyle. Find healthy or at least semi-healthy foods you can live on. Try to avoid insulin spikes with high glycemic foods. Look for foods with low GI ratings. Being 5'9 and 18yro I would imagine you have a resting metabolism around 2500. But being 120kg its more like...3000. I would start out walking bro. Considering how heavy you are that will be enough of a workout right now. Walk for an hour a day. You will burn about 400 calories an hour. Adding that to your base metabolism is about 3400. If you eat 2400 calories a day you will be in a 1000 calorie deficit per day. That's about 2lbs a week. After you lose weight you will need to increase your exercise to maintain the weight loss. You can start running at this point. If you try and lose weight any faster than this you might get lose skin and so forth. Doing strength training instead of pure cardio will help you lose weight slower and build muscle as well. We call this recomp. Losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. This will help fight that lose skin thing. Just don't lose the weight to quick bro or you will end up with some extra skin. Don't live by what the scale says either bro. That thing doesn't know what's happening inside your body. Good luck and stay positive. Eat lots of healthy protein and vegetables. Have your cheat meals or higher calorie meals for breakfast and after you workout. Lay off the bread and soda and shit.

plasticsoldier

plasticsoldier

Jun 6, 2014
Eat healthy and exercise. You have to make it a lifestyle. Find healthy or at least semi-healthy foods you can live on. Try to avoid insulin spikes with high glycemic foods. Look for foods with low GI ratings. Being 5'9 and 18yro I would imagine you have a resting metabolism around 2500. But being 120kg its more like...3000. I would start out walking bro. Considering how heavy you are that will be enough of a workout right now. Walk for an hour a day. You will burn about 400 calories an hour. Adding that to your base metabolism is about 3400. If you eat 2400 calories a day you will be in a 1000 calorie deficit per day. That's about 2lbs a week. After you lose weight you will need to increase your exercise to maintain the weight loss. You can start running at this point. If you try and lose weight any faster than this you might get lose skin and so forth. Doing strength training instead of pure cardio will help you lose weight slower and build muscle as well. We call this recomp. Losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. This will help fight that lose skin thing. Just don't lose the weight to quick bro or you will end up with some extra skin. Don't live by what the scale says either bro. That thing doesn't know what's happening inside your body. Good luck and stay positive. Eat lots of healthy protein and vegetables. Have your cheat meals or higher calorie meals for breakfast and after you workout. Lay off the bread and soda and shit.

Thank you so much! I'll begin doing this tomorrow, its 11pm now so I don't think I can do this. Again thanks for your help, much appreciated, and I tend to drink soda way to often but I'll try and give that up from now on.

Thanks again. :)

plasticsoldier

plasticsoldier

Jun 6, 2014
The problem is urself. If u not willing to do the work how do you expect to get the things that u desire ? U need to change and start to be serious. I cant help u about the nutrition and all other things because im still learning. Other members on the forum may help u about this. But i can tell u this,i used to be fat to. When i started to go to the gym people around me are fooling me around but i take their word as my motivation. Every person that talk shit about me are the drive that i need to keep motivate. Thats all.

Thanks for the motivation help, this should be good enough, someday or soon i can prove to them I'm more than just this fat lazy person, thanks for help :)!

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
EXERCISE
Set small goals. Work your way up to training for half hour (press ups on knees, crunches, chair dips) etc at home 3 days a week. Try and walk for half hour every night. That's your first 2 fitness goals. Then come back for your next set of goals when you achieve the last set comfortably.

MOTIVATION
If you set large goals (18 Inch arms or 12 stone) you will take a long, long time to achieve them . . . thus, giving up. With small goals weekly/ monthly (loose an inch on waist/10 press ups) you have a good chance of achieving them, thus, improving motivation. Use a tape measure (to measure waist) and mirror/camera and NOT scales to record progress.

BUT . . . Its a hard long road (fact).

DIET
DONT lower your food intake to quickly, your body will go into shock. Lower your food week by week by roughly 300 calories and introduce good clean food till after a month its say 2000/2500 (just an estimation) calories of good food per day. Don't worry, you can still have a day with some rubbish food once your not eating junk 6 days a week and target food calories consumption are being maintained.

Buy yourself a book to rite all your food consumption in and all their nutritional facts (and I mean every thing). And start working out a plan of what to cut out and what good foods to add week by week. And the back of the book note down how your exercises are progressing (reps/sets and time taken).

When you achieve this in about a month, come back and people will help more as they will know your very serious about changing your life for the better.

H

hotshottimes

Jun 6, 2014
The problem lies with you for not being consistent in both your diet and exercising, I like the fact that you had started and so you already knows what works for you and what doesn't. Obtain natural weight loss exercise as they will guide you and if followed to the latter you will achieve your goals.

plasticsoldier

plasticsoldier

Jun 6, 2014
The problem lies with you for not being consistent in both your diet and exercising, I like the fact that you had started and so you already knows what works for you and what doesn't. Obtain natural weight loss exercise as they will guide you and if followed to the latter you will achieve your goals.

Thanks for the tip, I will surely do so.

EXERCISE
Set small goals. Work your way up to training for half hour (press ups on knees, crunches, chair dips) etc at home 3 days a week. Try and walk for half hour every night. That's your first 2 fitness goals. Then come back for your next set of goals when you achieve the last set comfortably.

MOTIVATION
If you set large goals (18 Inch arms or 12 stone) you will take a long, long time to achieve them . . . thus, giving up. With small goals weekly/ monthly (loose an inch on waist/10 press ups) you have a good chance of achieving them, thus, improving motivation. Use a tape measure (to measure waist) and mirror/camera and NOT scales to record progress.

BUT . . . Its a hard long road (fact).

DIET
DONT lower your food intake to quickly, your body will go into shock. Lower your food week by week by roughly 300 calories and introduce good clean food till after a month its say 2000/2500 (just an estimation) calories of good food per day. Don't worry, you can still have a day with some rubbish food once your not eating junk 6 days a week and target food calories consumption are being maintained.

Buy yourself a book to rite all your food consumption in and all their nutritional facts (and I mean every thing). And start working out a plan of what to cut out and what good foods to add week by week. And the back of the book note down how your exercises are progressing (reps/sets and time taken).

When you achieve this in about a month, come back and people will help more as they will know your very serious about changing your life for the better.

Thank you so much for a detailed explanation, but the thing is I eat food during the day but i don't eat lots, sometimes a skip breakfast and at dinner then I eat lots, and I'm not used to eating meals throughout the day and if I do they're just junk, looks like il a have to drop these.

Thanks for the support guys, I will defiantly update my progress in a month from now.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Change your mindset a bit. Stop trying to lose weight. Start trying to be fit. Losing weight is a very temporary idea. You will diet and exercise and the weight will come off. Then you go back to old habits and the weight comes back on. Stop this fuking madness. Being fit takes effort every day for the rest of your life. Being fit is so much more then losing weight. It's being strong. It's being healthy. It's being confident. These things will last as long as you are willing to be the fit guy. So stop losing weight already.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Change your mindset a bit. Stop trying to lose weight. Start trying to be fit. Losing weight is a very temporary idea. You will diet and exercise and the weight will come off. Then you go back to old habits and the weight comes back on. Stop this fuking madness. Being fit takes effort every day for the rest of your life. Being fit is so much more then losing weight. It's being strong. It's being healthy. It's being confident. These things will last as long as you are willing to be the fit guy. So stop losing weight already.

This guy speaks the truth

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
Have you been to the doctor and had your lab work done. Particularly your thyroid production. I personally have Hypothyroid (don't produce enough) and have to take medication for it. If I miss a pill I'm like you and don't feel like doing a dang thing. If your lab report returns normal then it's all on you bud. Your laziness is all in your mindset. Get after it!!! Get pumped!! Be proud of yourself and take pride in your self. This goes for all you do in life. If you want something by God get your ars up off the couch, away from video games, out of the junk food, and tell yourself you are gonna do it and do it!! This little weight loss goal of yours will prepare you for bigger things In life. Now tomorrow when you wake up in the morning get your butt out of bed and move your ars!!!!! Keep us updated.

By the way sorry this is my 1st post on here but I tend to want to motivate folks. It makes me happy when they succeed. :D.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic