Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Need to vent

R

roger2686

Dec 29, 2019
Last month I had rhabdo . I got bloods done a week later high hemoglobin. I got bloods done again the week after high hemoglobin again. I got bloods done yesterday, lab calls I need to go to e.r, I have high hemoglobin. I got Polycythemia vera. I have an oncology appt Monday I'm so fucking lost

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
The lab assumes you have a carcinoma of your red bone marrow like multiple melanoma. You'll need some further blood, urine, and imaging done.

Chill out till you get xrays, labs, and possible bone scan done.

R

roger2686

Dec 29, 2019
I had x rays today and labs 2 days in a row. They gave me a paper about Polycythemia vera

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I had x rays today and labs 2 days in a row. They gave me a paper about Polycythemia vera

Most likely all the read off's and write up's will be done by your apt with oncology on Monday. Polycythemia vera is a side effect of something else. That's why you're being referred to oncology. Try to chill out.

R

roger2686

Dec 29, 2019
I looked at my blood work online and I've had high red blood cells and hemoglobin since 2017

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
As I recall you're in AAS cessation. Last year my blood count remained in the red for 3 months post last injection. Month 4 I was normal. Hopefully your body is finding homeostasis and soon all will be well. Stay off the AAS, keep all your appointments.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
everyone on gear has polycythemia. ive had it for yrs and no repercussions. I used to give blood but I now have low iron so once I have an infusion and that gets straightened out ill go donate .

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Get off the juice and give blood every 8 weeks. :)

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Did you tell your doc about your AAS abuse?

If not then go and tell him so, I am sure he will see this very different.

R

roger2686

Dec 29, 2019
Did you tell your doc about your AAS abuse?

If not then go and tell him so, I am sure he will see this very different.
Yes and he's refusing the bone marrow biopsy for a few months. My thought process is the aas I stopped on Dec 25th so shouldn't all of the e ester be out as far as increasing rbc hemoglobin and hemocrit? I just had 550ml of blood taken out yesterday and I actually turned WHITE . I'm normally very red . For now I'm diagnosed with secondary polycythemia. It means there's a different reason that is unknown to this point and more testing is needed. I had a hamburger today and I can tell as the days go on I get more red. Oh and all the walking around kills my legs since I'm still recovering from rhabdomyolysis. I'm pretty much supposed to just do household chores . My creatine levels jump from about 186 to 1400 depending on the amount of walking I do . My doctor actually wanted to admit me again for IV's but I declined as last time I was on fall risk so every time my butt lifted slightly off the bed an alarm went off and three angry nurses busted in the room. Not to mention I was on a heart monitor because my potassium magnesium were low and I was given blood thinners .

In my opinion they need long lasting blood thinners because within two weeks my hemoglobin 26.4 hemocrit 59.6 and Rbc 6.85 were all high again

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Yes and he's refusing the bone marrow biopsy for a few months. My thought process is the aas I stopped on Dec 25th so shouldn't all of the e ester be out as far as increasing rbc hemoglobin and hemocrit?

No, RBC's have a life of 90-120 days.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic