Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Need supplements (pre/post) assistance

Papabear

Papabear

Sep 10, 2013
:imlost:I'm getting bummed out, can't figure out what pre&post supplements I should take - I'm new to this and want to learn from the best..... Can anyone help out?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
What are your goals ? Stats ? Diet?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
First off, quit reading those fitness magazines if you are. They are so full of supplement ads, you wont know which way to go. When I first started lifting, I used to try and buy every supplement on every page thinking thats what I needed. After a good 2 years and thousands of dollars wasted, I realized most of them were worthless. Only ones I will use now is creatine, protein powder, and amino acids.

What are your goals? What supplements are you taking now?

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Steer clear of proprietary blends and "concentrated formulas." They're horse shit. Just a scam to get your money.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Truth is, you don't need them. Protein powder is nice because gram for gram it's cheaper than food and its convenient. Try some coffee pre workout and a protein shake post.

The placebo effect is amazing. You can take pretty much anything with the belief it will make you stronger and voila, your suddenly stronger. Its mind over matter bro.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
You definitely don't NEED any of them. I personally always drink a pre workout simply for energy and ocassionally the added pump, and always 2 scoops whey post workout. Lately while cutting I have been using bcaas intra workout, a lot of conflicting beliefs on them, but I definitely notice a big difference in recovery while dieting, pumps in the gym, and stamina in gym. Personal experience tells me they are beneficial while cutting, bulking? Probably not so much.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
You definitely don't NEED any of them. I personally always drink a pre workout simply for energy and ocassionally the added pump, and always 2 scoops whey post workout. Lately while cutting I have been using bcaas intra workout, a lot of conflicting beliefs on them, but I definitely notice a big difference in recovery while dieting, pumps in the gym, and stamina in gym. Personal experience tells me they are beneficial while cutting, bulking? Probably not so much.

Agreed brother. While bulking, one would ideally get everything needed from whole foods. Can be somewhat difficult to accomplish when dieting/prepping for a competition. This being why they're called "supplements" folks.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Agreed brother. While bulking, one would ideally get everything needed from whole foods. Can be somewhat difficult to accomplish when dieting/prepping for a competition. This being why they're called "supplements" folks.

Right on the money! Nothing but supplements to fill up what you aren't getting in whole foods

Papabear

Papabear

Sep 10, 2013
Thanks guy for all your comments. Like i said, I'm new to this, new to the level I want to get to. I'm looking into losing the weight i put on since my car accident. I was in the Military and for my conditioning i was running a lot and was doing just a little weightlifthing and now I truly want to get the body i always wanted. I used to be 205 lbs and as I have been struggling with it, I went all the way to 267 lbs and I hate it to no end. I want to be able to lose all that weight, get cut and have a well define muscle mass... Where can i get the best workout for me to achive this???? any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic