Latest Member
Kiddorism

Need more work to do

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
While my showing yesterday was not stellar. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, but i tried and showed up. During prep i had a couple of life events happen that caused my progress to get stalled. We had to move my grandma into an assisted living and then after a week, she passed. Then hubs and i bought a house and moved. That was stressful LOL.
This all happened while in prep and we moved approx 2 weeks before the contest.
What was fascinating (but also expected) is that after we moved in, i started to make progress. LOL. Meaning, the stress was minimized and my body finally started to release the fat.
Still a couple of areas in need of improvement: core and legs. My legs were not lean at this showing. I was much more leaner at my first show. But again, stress played a big part here.
While i think my glutes did grow a bit, they were not striated at all.

So there is another show in Des Moines, IA in 4 weeks.....the big question is, what kind of progress can i make in 4 weeks to make me happier? I mean after all, i did pay for the NPC membership LOL.
But seriously i'm thinking of trying to give it a go to see how much more conditioned i can come in. Now it is a challenge and I want to do better.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
You know what you have to do….. PRESS ON & HIT THE NEXT SHOW! Things have settled down, no reason to throw that progress away!

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
May as well go for it! It will be another learning experience at the very least. 4 weeks is not a lot of time to make any significant changes however I am sure you know that.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
May as well go for it! It will be another learning experience at the very least. 4 weeks is not a lot of time to make any significant changes however I am sure you know that.

^^^ This. Whenever you do finally reach your lifetime Best, last night's show and the one coming up in 4 weeks will have been two more steps that helped you get there.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Back when I competed it would not be uncommon to do multiple shows in a season. There is always a chance u didnt peak at one show but nail it on the next.....Dont give up, get back in the gym and back on stage in a few weeks....

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
If you got some left in the tank to really bring in the conditioning, you should go for it.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I would need to see the aformentioned glutes in order to best advise you to be honest.:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic