Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Need Help Building Huge Traps

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
Guys just needed to find out what would be the best workout routine for TRAPS and Shoulders emphasizing more on TRAPS.. Any input would be appreciated.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Shrugs, shrugs, and more shrugs....use the bar, use dumbells, do them standing, do them seated. Keep on shrugging!

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
You want big thick traps, then start deadlifting. Nothing builds traps like deadlifts.

G

GORILLA29

Nov 29, 2010
I agree with pux888. I wanted to add size to my traps two years ago. i started to do heavy shrugs 1-2 times a week, 5 sets of 10, and those puppies grew. hope you have good wrist straps, cause your going to need them.....

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I have stopped doing shrugs about 6 months ago and only do heavy deads for traps now, and just tonight my wife made the comment "your shoulders are big enough now... you can give them a break..." And I too have noticed a better "build" in my traps since..

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
High rep shrugs work the best for me. I have crazy traps and shoulder too, my best attribute.

E

evolving

Dec 16, 2010
Shrugs, shrugs, and more shrugs....use the bar, use dumbells, do them standing, do them seated. Keep on shrugging!

X2, i shrug myself silly. I like to do db shrugs with the db's on the sides, bb in front and bb in back.

i overload the traps heavy and as much as i can bear.

Raptor

Raptor

Dec 10, 2010
I'm a huge proponent of deadlift. I used to do shrugs all the time, but switched to heavy deadlift a few months ago. Not only did my traps get bigger, when I decided to do a set of shrugs a couple weeks ago for the hell of it, I did 3 sets on shrugs at 40 lbs more than I was when I traded them in for deadlift.

omni

omni

Jan 29, 2011
I do deadlifts and rack deads in my back routine and zero shrugs anymore. My traps are thick and stick out more in my shirts than ever.

AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

MuscleHead
Jan 5, 2011
Heavy ass hang cleans for me. Deadlift and heavy barbell shrugs should make just about anyone grow.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic