Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Need Advice: PPL 3/6 Day Split

Y

YinzerRick

Jan 14, 2023
- Looking for advice to make sure I'm hitting all muscles groups in a productive way, my goal is to gain muscle and lose some fat. I'm 6'1 215 pounds.
- I'm using a home gym with adjustable dumbbells and a rack with a bench and barbell.
- I'm also confused on when I should be doing shoulders on a PPL program.
- I do each day at least once a week and twice if I can, 30 min cardio every other day.

Push: 3x15
Bench Press
Tricep Kickback
Arnold Press
Incline Bench Press
Standing Tricep Extension
Dumbbell Front Raise
Flat Fly
Lying tricep extension
Dumbell Lateral Raise

Pull: 3x15
Seated close row
In and Out Curl
Upright Row
Seated Fly
Hammer curl
Dumbell Shrugs
Dumbell Row
Incline Curl
Dumbell Shrugs

Legs: 3x15
Squat
Romanian Deadlift
Lunge
Calf Raise
Squat

Thanks for the help!

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
Your workout routine sounds amazing, it’s a great routine and appreciable plan!
Keep going with this routine and you'll be satisfied soon when you see the incredible chances in your fitness level.
Best of Luck!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I guess I am late to the party on this one.

Those exercises work fine for PPL. A couple tips. The 3x15 routine, not ideal for every single exercise. Get nice and warmed up with your first couple exercises with several warm up sets then do your working set or two working sets if you are more advanced. After that your muscles are pretty warmed up. There is no point in doing a bunch of warm up sets for muscles that are already warm in later exercises. The only thing it does is waste glycogen. For example, once you get to incline bench on your push day, your chest, shoulders and triceps are already warm AF. Do one warm up set then go straight into your working set.

For the shoulders question. I train front and side delts on push day and rear delts and traps on pull day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic