Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

NavyChief, Gates Agrees With You on Going Nuclear!!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
So I will be bagging neither a 24 point Buck nor Cher in the near future?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
The short version of events and why the same thing will/can not happen to our reactors.

1st - They fucked with and overrode safety systems, stupid and a no-no.
2nd - The reactor design was flawed. Control rods were designed to be electro-hydraulically pushed into the reactor from below, for cooling and fission control. when all heated up, rods could not be pushed into the reactor core to gain control of fission. Overheated and blew the fukk up.

Our reactors are designed with control rods on top of the core. They are held up by electro-hydraulics. When everything fails and goes to hell, the rods fail-safe is to be released (because they have nothing to hold them up in position) and they fall into the reactor instead of having to be pushed upwards. Simple design difference that makes all the difference in the world.

So, if our operators had cut safety systems like the Russians had, our rods would have dropped before this process started. In their case, the systems were offline to do this on their own (push the rods up) and when they tried manually, it was too little too late, too many systems offline and they couldn't get it done. Sucks for them, cool for the new 3 headed deer that live there.

Thanx for the response brah!...

What's your take on this one?...

Iran Says Its Foes Targeted Nuclear Plant to Derail Potential Talks With U.S. (msn.com)

I guess ALL are going to get involved in the "nuclear production" buss., eh?...Do u see this 'trend' as getting out of hand?....

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I thought Bill gates developed a reactor that uses spent Nuclear fuel? I didn't watch the Youtube video, but I did watch a documentary on him last year before the Pandemic. From what I saw I don't know why we wouldn't look further into more Nuclear options and what Bill Gates created as a solution to spent Nuclear Fuel. Thoughts? Anyone else see that documentary?

Now, I'm about to go Nuclear on accounting... This crap isn't fun and needs to be blown up.

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
Aren’t Fast Breeder Reactors already cooled with liquid sodium?

The only issue that I see is that liquid sodium reacts violently to air or water when in direct contact so a small drip can cause a fire.

Just as with anything else, if something is changed then you must deal with the new set of hazards. When I’m the planning stages you must weigh the benefits and rewards vs the engineering controls that will need to be designed and implemented

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I thought Bill gates developed a reactor that uses spent Nuclear fuel? I didn't watch the Youtube video, but I did watch a documentary on him last year before the Pandemic. From what I saw I don't know why we wouldn't look further into more Nuclear options and what Bill Gates created as a solution to spent Nuclear Fuel. Thoughts? Anyone else see that documentary?

No, but would like to...Can u link it in here, brah?....I'm gonna go on the limb here with this statement, but I have a sneakan feeling that there are a lot more "nuclear tech'olgys" going on than we are made publicly aware of...It's prolly being kept on the "back" burner for _________ reasons....Anyway, if u have that link, post it up...I definitely would like to take a look see...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Aren’t Fast Breeder Reactors already cooled with liquid sodium?

The only issue that I see is that liquid sodium reacts violently to air or water when in direct contact so a small drip can cause a fire.

Just as with anything else, if something is changed then you must deal with the new set of hazards. When I’m the planning stages you must weigh the benefits and rewards vs the engineering controls that will need to be designed and implemented

I've read an article that mentioned 'PRISM' as being one that could do this....It does/can burn recycled used nuclear fuel, depleted uranium, and fuel that has not been used....And yes, they use liquid sodium as an coolant....They claim it is as safe as it gets....

What was alarming to me was the cost to make one....Try in the billions!...A lot of countries scrapped the project due to the cost....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Now, I'm about to go Nuclear on accounting... This crap isn't fun and needs to be blown up.

I use to work for my step-mother-in-law in the accounting buss as an computer programmer...She would drink at least half a case of Dr. Pepper's a day (sometimes more) and down vicodin roughly every 4-6 hours!....Claimed it was because of her job....She died at 45yrs old!...

Hope u're not in this cat....:p:eek:o_O...

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I use to work for my step-mother-in-law in the accounting buss as an computer programmer...She would drink at least half a case of Dr. Pepper's a day (sometimes more) and down vicodin roughly every 4-6 hours!....Claimed it was because of her job....She died at 45yrs old!...

Hope u're not in this cat....:p:eek:o_O...

Damn, yeah that’s a lot. Some people do some weird crap. She died super young, insane.

So long story short, I have a business test to take to continue in my masters program, and Accounting is a major part. there are other parts of this test to, but this accounting crap, it’s got to be the worst part.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
No, but would like to...Can u link it in here, brah?....I'm gonna go on the limb here with this statement, but I have a sneakan feeling that there are a lot more "nuclear tech'olgys" going on than we are made publicly aware of...It's prolly being kept on the "back" burner for _________ reasons....Anyway, if u have that link, post it up...I definitely would like to take a look see...

Can’t link it, but in Netflix, search for inside Bill’s brain, and I want to say it’s episode 3.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Damn, yeah that’s a lot. Some people do some weird crap. She died super young, insane.

I never knew she was on the dope...Only learned that after she died....One of her sisters was on it too (dope) and they were co-hearts in their endeavors to obtain it and use of it....

So long story short, I have a business test to take to continue in my masters program, and Accounting is a major part. there are other parts of this test to, but this accounting crap, it’s got to be the worst part.

Yeah, I couldn't stand it!...The only way I was able to deal with it was via my programming....Only had to handle those types of issues in that job....I remember her tho always freaking out around tax time and going nuts trying to prepare our clients returns....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic