Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

NavyChief, Gates Agrees With You on Going Nuclear!!!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yea I watched a docu not long ago about the 3 new designs they have for plants. One used a liquified metal of some kind so in the event of a catastrophic meltdown a massive metal cube formed around the nuclear material essentially buying us 20 years to clean up the meltdown before radiation spews out at Chernobyl / fukashima levels.
It's hands down our best option at the moment as a species. However people are so scared of it. Which again makes no sense. We have enough federal land in the middle of the nation that is highly isolated where we could place these plants and with our new electric transmission tech power the nation.

I'm all for green, but not the ignorant way the neo DNC pushes.
Musk on the latest Rogan had some great points also about intelligent ways to institute a carbon tax that would basically shift the duty of conversion onto the free market and off the government and I really liked what he said.
My only disagreement would be to place a giant one next to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and pray for a meltdown.:)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
My only disagreement would be to place a giant one next to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and pray for a meltdown.:)

LMAO!!!...U are a trip, my iron brah!...Wish I would've of known u in highschool....We would have had a blast!!!!....*still laughing*....:D

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Ok mistake saying water cools the fuel rods. Thats bs. Water is pumped over them so that it can be super heated, under pressure. It flashes off as dry steam and is what turns the turbines.

Pardon my ignorance, NC.....I've got to study this subject in depth...All I've done is read blotches of articles on it...Thanks for the clarification....

What cools the rods is usually something hafnium or boron or such. This is done by absorbing neutrons into the control rod and this prevents the neutrons from causing further fissions/getting fukkin hot(ter).

Pardon my ignorance, NC.....I've got to study this subject in depth...All I've done is read blotches of articles on it...Thanks for the clarification....:)

Gates made it sound like the water was the issue in that vid...How can he not be called out on that?...

So, what actually causes the meltdown?...Does the neutrons fail or rods fail in some way?...

But we do need to build more nuke plants.

We also need to get our shit together and use the tides and currents more to our advantage along the entire coast of the US.

This is a no brainer to me and will produce as close to unlimited power for over half our countries population and energy needs.

I've read a few articles on this as well...But don't trust them now...*LOL*...I can see tho where this would be an good idea!

NC, can u direct me to a site that will give me a good understanding of how nuclear reactors work?...Thanks in advance!....:)

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013

The link is to a simple to read Navy version, for you.

The plant operates pretty much the same whether its nuclear fission heating the water or a coal boiler.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
NO, not in the manner it was just presented to us on that video.
Just to clarify a little: all he wants to do is replace the pressurized water with liquid sodium. Do-able

That is very different than what they stated as "using water to cool the fuel rods". Boron or Hafnium are used to cool. The liquid sodium will still have to do exactly what the water did, heat the fukk up, hot enough to flash of the water in the secondary system to dry steam and drive the turbines to give us power.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

The link is to a simple to read Navy version, for you.

The plant operates pretty much the same whether its nuclear fission heating the water or a coal boiler.

Thank you, NC!....I just looked at the schematic on the opening page....It looks like an high-tech upgraded steam engine?...Instead of deriving the energy from coal, it's using uranium?...Is this right?...Again, really appreciate this...I will be studying it tonight...I still have your other links as well...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Just to clarify a little: all he wants to do is replace the pressurized water with liquid sodium. Do-able

That is very different than what they stated as "using water to cool the fuel rods". Boron or Hafnium are used to cool. The liquid sodium will still have to do exactly what the water did, heat the fukk up, hot enough to flash of the water in the secondary system to dry steam and drive the turbines to give us power.

*LOL*...He ought NOTto be presenting this tech....That was totally misleading in the worst sense!...So, will the sodium do a better job of cooling than the boron/hafnium?...Or is he just pissing in the wind hoping it will land on dry land?...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
NC, why can't we build an containment; sourrounding an reactor in the event of meltdown?...Is there no material that could withstand the force...Also, why not build mini-reactors, rather than big so that containment would be feasible?...Sorry for the questions, NC...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Promise, this will be the last of my questions for tonight, anyway....

On containment issue...Why couldn't we build these in the sea underground?...If meltdown occurred, wouldn't clean up/associated danger be minimized almost to nil?....Do we have the capability to transmit energy generated in space back to earth?...Again, sorry for the questions....

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
I hate to say it man but pure fucking evil is operating right-in-your-face and still concerned about some nuclear idea from this Psychotic demon? Where is your discernment?

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Gates needs a wedgey like he got back in the day

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I hate to say it man but pure fucking evil is operating right-in-your-face and still concerned about some nuclear idea from this Psychotic demon? Where is your discernment?

Ouch!...That hit me hard, my iron bro!...For the record, I don't support him...I don't even know him as a person remotely...I'm just have a keen interest in this subject, ALONE from all his other agendas...I love chemistry!....I would like nothing better than to be able to harness nuclear power on a fail-safe basis...Like GMC said, people fear it and I'm one of them...However, the more I study/learn about it, the less I'm fearing it...The shear power that can be derived from it is awe-inspiring to me...I'm fully aware of the danger of it...Yet, can't help to want to figure a way to harness it's use safely!...

Please know, it is the VERY LAST thing I would willing/wantingly do in regards to supporting a demon!...However, I feel like there are good people that have good intentions on using this tech to help humanity...Of course I would/could not promote weaponizing it...My conscience would ;not allow it....Anyway, I apologize if it appeared as if I was a fan of Gates...Peace out!...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic