Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Nausea relief from Isopropyl alcohol pads

norm

norm

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2023
Has anyone else tried this? I stumbled on this a few months ago and they work great for me regardless of the cause.
Studies have shown no side effects, and near instant relief over prescription "antiemetics".

Just tear open a pad, slowly breath in vapor a few times, repeat as needed.

Here's one of many sites on the web...

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Has anyone else tried this? I stumbled on this a few months ago and they work great for me regardless of the cause.
Studies have shown no side effects, and near instant relief over prescription "antiemetics".

I get nauseated all the time, I will try this. Is it just vapor or can I try a nasal spray, does the percentage of alcohol make a difference.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I just told my wife and she was like oh we do that with biopsy patients all the time. I was like wtf and you never told me. She claims she told me once at some point within 20 yrs.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Cool stuff. Never heard of it, but my wife suffers from nausea all the damn time.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010

I didn’t know this. Thanks

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Does opening a bottle of Isopropyl ETOH work the same as the pads?

I would think yes, but maybe there is something I don't know, lol.

Fukk me, this is pretty damn cool. I had never heard about this!!! THANKS!:cool:

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Once in a while my wife gets a migraine headache and the nausea is unbearable for her and she takes a compazine, which the sides from that are horrific!! I'm going to tell her about this
so next time she gets one she can try this method and hopefully it works for her!! Thank you!!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My patients come out of surgery with nasal canulas on (oxygen tubing). We just slip an alcohol pad under the tubes near the nostrils. You could easily pour a splash in a bowl or cup and breathe it in for 3-5mins for the same effect. Just don’t accidentally drink it lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic