Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Naomi Kutin, 10 Years Old, Sets Another Record

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Love seeing young girls get involved in strength sports. Good for her!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
She has come up on this and several other forums before.... usually with lots of haters screaming ( SCREAMING ) about how she's going to die from lifting or how her parents should be ashamed.

1st off.... good for her and good for her parents. She's building the sort of self confidence that you earn. Her parents have raised a kid with better things to do than get knocked up by the first 14 year old with a bag of weed and a hard on.

2nd ... In the last few weeks I've been to a few powerlifting meets to help teammates out. The top meets still are dominated by bearded dudes with huge heads ( literally).... but it's been great to see that the state and local meets are starting to draw a ton of raw lifters, many of them female. I lift geared, but started out like most people do with competing raw. As much as I hate to say it, it looks like the influx is from the cross fit crowd. With cross fit introducing people to olympic and power lifting the numbers of new faces at meets have been up..... how does this relate to a 10 year old girl SMASHING big weights? Well, with powerlifting becoming slightly more main stream from cross fit and other exposure hopefully people will get over the idea that lifting weights is somehow bad for you and be able to be happy for a strong kid like Naomi and her parents instead of the reactions this got the last time around.

mass_chaos

mass_chaos

Feb 5, 2012
She has come up on this and several other forums before.... usually with lots of haters screaming ( SCREAMING ) about how she's going to die from lifting or how her parents should be ashamed.

1st off.... good for her and good for her parents. She's building the sort of self confidence that you earn. Her parents have raised a kid with better things to do than get knocked up by the first 14 year old with a bag of weed and a hard on.

2nd ... In the last few weeks I've been to a few powerlifting meets to help teammates out. The top meets still are dominated by bearded dudes with huge heads ( literally).... but it's been great to see that the state and local meets are starting to draw a ton of raw lifters, many of them female. I lift geared, but started out like most people do with competing raw. As much as I hate to say it, it looks like the influx is from the cross fit crowd. With cross fit introducing people to olympic and power lifting the numbers of new faces at meets have been up..... how does this relate to a 10 year old girl SMASHING big weights? Well, with powerlifting becoming slightly more main stream from cross fit and other exposure hopefully people will get over the idea that lifting weights is somehow bad for you and be able to be happy for a strong kid like Naomi and her parents instead of the reactions this got the last time around.

PLK,

Great post man. I have to agree with you. I believe that the parents are raising their child the right way. They are teaching her to set goals and go after them. How is this any different than any aspect of life? I have a firm believer that sports tend to shape our children and send them on the right path. Whether the sport is football, soccor, wrestling, basketball, baseball or powerlifting/weightlifting, it is channelling the kids energy and attention in a positive direction!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That's awesome.

There are some women who squat WAY more than this but they don't compete in PLing. Taylan Nurcan 48kg (105lbs) Clean & Jerks 121kg (267lbs) and that is a front squat. She can back squat MUCH more, but she doesn't compete in PLing, only in Oly lifting.

You have to remember that outside the US, PLing isn't nearly as popular. If you bring home a Gold medal for your country in Olympic Weightlifting you're getting PAID. Why goof off with PLing when you can be given a MILLION DOLLARS if you excel in Oly lifting.

I'm not taking anything away from the girl but the reality is if Taylan wanted she would crush the number and she's not the only one. I can name 5+ women that could crush that back squat.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Thats great! good for her. just imagine her as she progresses with age

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
That's awesome.

There are some women who squat WAY more than this but they don't compete in PLing. Taylan Nurcan 48kg (105lbs) Clean & Jerks 121kg (267lbs) and that is a front squat. She can back squat MUCH more, but she doesn't compete in PLing, only in Oly lifting.

You have to remember that outside the US, PLing isn't nearly as popular. If you bring home a Gold medal for your country in Olympic Weightlifting you're getting PAID. Why goof off with PLing when you can be given a MILLION DOLLARS if you excel in Oly lifting.

I'm not taking anything away from the girl but the reality is if Taylan wanted she would crush the number and she's not the only one. I can name 5+ women that could crush that back squat.

are they 10 YEAR OLDS???

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic