Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Nandrolone eleven times more damaging to blood vessels than testosterone

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
Nandrolone kills the blood vessel lining at a concentration eleven times lower than that at which testosterone kills them. Researchers from the University of L’Aquila in Italy discovered this in laboratory tests on human cells.

Heavy and long-term use of anabolic steroids such as testosterone and nandrolone increases the chance of fatal heart failure, and even more so when combined with recreational drugs like cocaine.

There are several theories, which do not exclude each other, as to why anabolic steroids have this effect. The most well known is that anabolic steroids make the heart muscle grow, sometimes to deadly proportions. This effect doesn’t set in after a single course of supplements, or even after a heavy dosage, but only after prolonged use. The chance of the heart muscle becoming enlarged increases even more when anabolic steroids are used in combination with human growth hormone.

Anabolic steroids also have an immediate effect on heart and blood vessels. In high concentrations they kill heart cells and produce blood clots. These tiny, almost invisible clots can cut tissue from the blood vessel lining.

Another negative effect of androgens is that they cause blood vessels to narrow (stenosis). Even the very mild DHEA is known to do this in some experiments.

In all these processes the endothelial cells lining the blood vessels are the key factor. Anabolic steroids harden these cells, which causes higher blood pressure. This in turn causes enlargement of the heart muscle. The hardened cells are also more susceptible to blood clots.

This is the background of the Italian study. The researchers exposed endothelial cells to testosterone, the testosterone precursor androstenedione, and two precursors of nandrolone. They then recorded the concentration at which half of the cells stopped growing.

The more an anabolic steroid reduces growth of blood vessel cells, the more dangerous the anabolic steroid is for the heart and blood vessels. Nandrolone is much more damaging than testosterone.

Norandrostenediol on the other hand turns out to be surprisingly mild. Nandrolone has a much greater effect on cells then testosterone.

The anabolic steroids increase the concentration of calcium in the cell, the researchers found. Cellular calcium activates suicide enzymes.

"According to these findings, we suggest that the observed endothelial alterations may be considered as events predisposing to serious damage at the cell vasculature level", the Italian researchers write.

Most heavy anabolic steroids used in chemical bodybuilding are based on testosterone, not nandrolone. As you can see from this Italian research, that’s not such a bad idea at all.

Source:
Toxicol Lett. 2007 Mar 8; 169(2):129-36.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Nandrolone kills the blood vessel lining at a concentration eleven times lower than that at which testosterone kills them. Researchers from the University of L’Aquila in Italy discovered this in laboratory tests on human cells.

Heavy and long-term use of anabolic steroids such as testosterone and nandrolone increases the chance of fatal heart failure, and even more so when combined with recreational drugs like cocaine.

There are several theories, which do not exclude each other, as to why anabolic steroids have this effect. The most well known is that anabolic steroids make the heart muscle grow, sometimes to deadly proportions. This effect doesn’t set in after a single course of supplements, or even after a heavy dosage, but only after prolonged use. The chance of the heart muscle becoming enlarged increases even more when anabolic steroids are used in combination with human growth hormone.

Anabolic steroids also have an immediate effect on heart and blood vessels. In high concentrations they kill heart cells and produce blood clots. These tiny, almost invisible clots can cut tissue from the blood vessel lining.

Another negative effect of androgens is that they cause blood vessels to narrow (stenosis). Even the very mild DHEA is known to do this in some experiments.

In all these processes the endothelial cells lining the blood vessels are the key factor. Anabolic steroids harden these cells, which causes higher blood pressure. This in turn causes enlargement of the heart muscle. The hardened cells are also more susceptible to blood clots.

This is the background of the Italian study. The researchers exposed endothelial cells to testosterone, the testosterone precursor androstenedione, and two precursors of nandrolone. They then recorded the concentration at which half of the cells stopped growing.

The more an anabolic steroid reduces growth of blood vessel cells, the more dangerous the anabolic steroid is for the heart and blood vessels. Nandrolone is much more damaging than testosterone.

Norandrostenediol on the other hand turns out to be surprisingly mild. Nandrolone has a much greater effect on cells then testosterone.

The anabolic steroids increase the concentration of calcium in the cell, the researchers found. Cellular calcium activates suicide enzymes.

"According to these findings, we suggest that the observed endothelial alterations may be considered as events predisposing to serious damage at the cell vasculature level", the Italian researchers write.

Most heavy anabolic steroids used in chemical bodybuilding are based on testosterone, not nandrolone. As you can see from this Italian research, that’s not such a bad idea at all.

Source:
Toxicol Lett. 2007 Mar 8; 169(2):129-36.

Soon there will be a study about tren making an arm growing out of someones ass..

Who gives a fuck if it does that there is risks to everything and you, me and everyone else is willing to accept the risks, just run the cycle and enjoy it. Ive never heard of anyone having problems from deca besides a floppy dick.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I'd like to see these studies and the actual numbers. Many times the numbers produced in the studies far exceed the avaerage user (and even heavy user) dose. Imagine if we were talking about 1,100 mg of testosterone vs 100mg of Nandrolone. Based on that study those two amounts would theoretically produce the same amount of blood vessel interior lining damage. 100mg of Nandrolone? Really? That's why this study is worthless without seeing the actual numbers.

Also, the study mentions that they used "2 precursors to nandrolone"....wtf does that mean? Which precursors is pretty important. Do those precursors reduce via 5-AR like nandrolone? Were they administered orally or through IM injection? IV injection? There are so many unknowns here. This article would have been much better if there was a link to the full study. I agree that posts like this can be very informational and good for others to see. But this post doesn't give any information at all. It states a theory that nandrolone is more damaging to blood vessels than testosterone at 1/11 the concentration. That is the only number we can see.

BTW, I hate when "scientists" add that potential risks increase with the addition of recreational drugs such as cocaine. That's like telling me I've got a better chance of shooting myself in the head if I've got a bullet in the chamber. I guess they are too busy being "smart" to worry about what should be common sense. New fact just in - jumping off a cliff increases the risk of death by 97%. There, now give me my degree.....punks.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Like GS said, this is a piss-poor study. Prob done to get more cash for the next yr since it will be plastered all over the place as 'gospel'.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
They have scientists in Italy?

Reactions: KBD
chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I'd like to see these studies and the actual numbers. Many times the numbers produced in the studies far exceed the avaerage user (and even heavy user) dose. Imagine if we were talking about 1,100 mg of testosterone vs 100mg of Nandrolone. Based on that study those two amounts would theoretically produce the same amount of blood vessel interior lining damage. 100mg of Nandrolone? Really? That's why this study is worthless without seeing the actual numbers.

Also, the study mentions that they used "2 precursors to nandrolone"....wtf does that mean? Which precursors is pretty important. Do those precursors reduce via 5-AR like nandrolone? Were they administered orally or through IM injection? IV injection? There are so many unknowns here. This article would have been much better if there was a link to the full study. I agree that posts like this can be very informational and good for others to see. But this post doesn't give any information at all. It states a theory that nandrolone is more damaging to blood vessels than testosterone at 1/11 the concentration. That is the only number we can see.

BTW, I hate when "scientists" add that potential risks increase with the addition of recreational drugs such as cocaine. That's like telling me I've got a better chance of shooting myself in the head if I've got a bullet in the chamber. I guess they are too busy being "smart" to worry about what should be common sense. New fact just in - jumping off a cliff increases the risk of death by 97%. There, now give me my degree.....punks.

That post says it all LOL

Hawk

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I have to agree with FD... since when do we really give a shit what Italian scientist say????

W

westwood

Jan 17, 2011
Long term excessive use of steroids are bad. Why do they have to keep studying it?

Not directed at you Guss for posting it. Its always good to see what stuff they come with.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Long term excessive use of steroids are bad. Why do they have to keep studying it?

Not directed at you Guss for posting it. Its always good to see what stuff they come with.

Long term anything is bad. All these new studies are just getting lame to read. Its like, who really gives a fuck, its not gonna stop people from using it. Just like lung cancer doesnt stop people from smoking.

W

westwood

Jan 17, 2011
Painkillers are bad. So, lets just take em off the market. Because afterall, painkillers are for drugaddicts. Wait? WTF? Oh, ya, people who are in pain need them. Well, screw them. At least the drug addicts wont have the stuff. Thats the FDAs attitude. Fuck the people who really need Test, Deca, HGH ect... Lets get the shit banned

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
#1 OTC drug of choice to OD on is............................Tylenol. It is pure toxic more people OD on the than AAS!!!
Better take it off the market !!!!

Drugmakers May Limit Doses, Add Warnings for Tylenol (Update3) - Bloomberg

Acetaminophen overdose was linked to 458 deaths and 26,000 hospitalizations annually from 1990 to 2001, according to the FDA report. The drug is a leading cause of acute liver failure in the U.S., the agency said.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic