Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Name your lifting injuries...

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
None all my injuries happen in my Dojo but screw up my training- But always learn to train around them- thats what machines and nautilus were invented for - My spine shattered I was only two weeks away from gym- I signe up for 3 different gyms so I could still train every body part- Like 90 degree Presses and upside down squats to prevent compresions of my spine LOL
I tore my tricep and biceps tendons and ligs- all the way up to my shoulder so I Did isolations for delts- mostly nautilus type stuff, Shrugs on calf machine to keep the arms out of use, total leg workout just worked in with another on leg press to get all my plates ( 21) , Even when I tore my hip labrium - I now had to do only upper body cardion which sucks but I did it

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Left shoulder impingement from a bench press I set up wrong, and dislocated a few vertebra in my lower back from being under huge weight on the smith machine with the stops set too low, so I had to twist out when I got stuck at the bottom. Luckily both injuries have healed and hardly bother me now. My bellybutton hernia (not from weight training) was from being out of shape and coughing during a bad chest cold.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Both wrists, both elbows and currently the right should has a bone spur.... however the knee's are great.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Rotator problems, elbows hurt all the time, cartilage torn out of my knees, Torn biceps twice, torn anterior delt, strained my back more times than I can count, nerve damage in upper back,

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Subluxated rib currently.

Tore my lower left trap a few years ago and the imbalance from left to right creates pressure on the spine.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Im 48, been lifting since age 12 - consistently - i wanted to be batman also , daily martial art practice since age 8. Sometimes 12-16 hours day. Plus Army, Work , College and you can over work and overtrain and set yourself p so you get so tender that you injure yourself by opening a door or lifting a pot of water LOL, Ive ripped and pulled every single muscle and tendon in my life, shattered my spine , surgery on back, neck, elbow- but through rehab and surgey with sports medicine docs Ive never had to tone down my lifting. In fact i only use wraps if I have an injury and I train through or around it- which can easily be done with patience and creative mind. My lower back is so god damn strong from surgery plus rehab and continuing my spine rehab as part of my back routine that i do heavier deads, rows and squats now at 48 than i did when I was 20. everything can be corrected through proper andmindful exercise. Not the rehab of the common lay person- thats the key. IN my spine flexibilty and ab work like the lay person was not my therapy- stiff deads, hypers and lower back and high stepping aerobics was my rehab and i do variation still. I use no belt ever- my musclesitself the erctors and transverse abdominus are my internal belts and power is my goal for them to hold my spine, flexibility is way over rated

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
One, my spotters fault..doing behind the neck presses(21's in my younger years) and spotter said he had it, well, the bar fell down while hands were still on the bar,wrecked my left delt pretty bad.I bounced back but feel it on occasions now.Luckily the weight was light anyway, 105 to my memory and never made eye contact again.

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
I have none directly from lifting other then when I was a kid my shoulder got snapped up for awhile because I was a bench press junkie that neglected back completely.

Herniated my back do to a car accident which constantly got injured again while training for awhile but luckily I think my lower back is pretty solid now still haven't tried to pull the weights I used to with Squats and i'm officially never doing deads again always end up having my back act up which puts me out for a week or two from the gym so they aren't worth it anymore. I still do stiff legged with moderate weight.

My bicep tendon is a little inflamed pulled it carrying one of those old ass 42 inch tvs my arm was around it in an awkward angle.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Ok, so I have a torn RC in my left arm, I'll name that one Dickhead.

I Have a RC tear in the right shoulder too, I'll call him Dickhead II

I have a spigelian hernia, which is pretty rare. I'll name him Spigel.

Bilateral knee injuries, I'll name those THe Twins

Herniated discs L2/L3 and L4/L5. I'll name those, "**** my life"

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Sometimes you need surgery look at All the football players - but find a doc that specialized in treating sports not the average person .
Some injuries you can address one by one with light exercise and patience . I feel you guys I have ripped every major tendon on my body at least twice past 30 + years. Learn to work around some fir example when I had spine reconstructed I actually looked around for gyms. That had nautilus type machines that trained the body in prone position eliminates spine pressure . I still did overhead presses. I used difference techniques to increase rep and volume instead if weight - all these can be used to build and maintain while healing . It just requires some creative approaches and abandoning conventional means temporarily . Also never ever never depend on a compound to gain or perform if you do then you will never reach your potential . You can still burn fat get strong off cycle - learn different approaches to training . Study Romanian style periodization , study prexhaust study different ideas and try them. You just don't do the same routine and cycle every month that's what idiots do . Variety shocks the system and Keeps motivation fresh . Obsessive compulsive ideas have no place . I always say this and saw another post this " Strong mind = strong body" control your emotional compulsions , keep cool, train smart , be oatient - read and I don't mean read posts read actual research articles , read manuals that's where you learn not from the wannabe forum members . Even mods aren't always a good reference - although I will give credit to this forum otherwise I wouldn't be here. I miss our fallen brother shine who was the most intelligently schooled of all of us RIP- he was an example of smart patient intelligently schooled but not many like him . One other bro mods here that is very smart but I won't contribute to head swelling lol ya all I hope know . My point is you need to trust yourself and apply implement and read . You won't know most anything never. However you are you're best teacher

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sometimes you need surgery look at All the football players - but find a doc that specialized in treating sports not the average person .
Some injuries you can address one by one with light exercise and patience . I feel you guys I have ripped every major tendon on my body at least twice past 30 + years. Learn to work around some fir example when I had spine reconstructed I actually looked around for gyms. That had nautilus type machines that trained the body in prone position eliminates spine pressure . I still did overhead presses. I used difference techniques to increase rep and volume instead if weight - all these can be used to build and maintain while healing . It just requires some creative approaches and abandoning conventional means temporarily . Also never ever never depend on a compound to gain or perform if you do then you will never reach your potential . You can still burn fat get strong off cycle - learn different approaches to training . Study Romanian style periodization , study prexhaust study different ideas and try them. You just don't do the same routine and cycle every month that's what idiots do . Variety shocks the system and Keeps motivation fresh . Obsessive compulsive ideas have no place . I always say this and saw another post this " Strong mind = strong body" control your emotional compulsions , keep cool, train smart , be oatient - read and I don't mean read posts read actual research articles , read manuals that's where you learn not from the wannabe forum members . Even mods aren't always a good reference - although I will give credit to this forum otherwise I wouldn't be here. I miss our fallen brother shine who was the most intelligently schooled of all of us RIP- he was an example of smart patient intelligently schooled but not many like him . One other bro mods here that is very smart but I won't contribute to head swelling lol ya all I hope know . My point is you need to trust yourself and apply implement and read . You won't know most anything never. However you are you're best teacher

Dead on post Ketsugo. Great stuff.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic